Politics

The freaking French are more accepting of this authoritarian bullshit than western Canada. It would not float in English Canada....well maybe Toronto but they are beyond redemption

I believe you are forgetting Vancouver.

I believe you are forgetting Vancouver.
Arrgh! You folks complain about left wing, but your radical left is still to the right of some of our mainstream politics!

If this insanity continues it’s just a matter of time before an instance like this one escalates even further out of control and blood gets spilled. And for what?
Eventually most law enforcement officers will just be thugs ‘cuz good cops are going to say screw it, this ain’t what I signed up for.
Exactly this. I was Houston PD in a previous life. I resigned over a lot less than this. All of my buddies are way past eligible for retirement. If this comes to pass, police departments will absolutely hemorrhage senior officers.

Vancouver is the LA/SF/P/Sea continuum on the West Coast. Get a few miles away from, any of those cities and with a few exceptions you get back to people that are actual members of the Human Race.
That pretty much true of any big city.

Interesting article about the founder of Alibaba (the Chinese Amazon), Jack Ma, hasn't been spotted in public for about 2 months. Speculation is he annoyed the CCP leaders and is now paying the price. Would be a wake up call to those in the west that haven't seen China for what it is.

Interesting article about the founder of Alibaba (the Chinese Amazon), Jack Ma, hasn't been spotted in public for about 2 months. Speculation is he annoyed the CCP leaders and is now paying the price. Would be a wake up call to those in the west that haven't seen China for what it is.

This is one subject where both left and right, Democrat and Republican, Liberal and Conservative, should see eye to eye. China is the once and future enemy. China has the population both to impose its will and at the same time to attract Western businesses . . . and the values espoused by the Chinese government have no relation to the foundational values of Western societies (and I include Russia here - the Chinese are no more than friends of convenience with Russia).

The blogger who first broke the news of the Wuhan virus was sentenced last week to four years in prison. Her crime? “Picking quarrels and provoking trouble”! Seriously - that’s a crime in China. [If that was a crime here, I wouldn’t be the only one in serious trouble]. Jimmy Lai (a 70+ year old and one of the richest men in Hong Kong) has been arrested in Hong Kong for supporting Hong Kong democracy and religious freedom (he is an ardent Catholic). The West stands by and says little and does less.

It’s about time we held Western companies who know-tow to China in violation of Western norms that we see them and we aren’t happy about it. And it’s about time that Western governments stopped chasing business in China at the expense of freedom and human rights. We are enabling our enemy and we will come to regret it. Sooner rather than later.

For you scholars: The line of succession for the presidency is President, Vice President, Speaker of the House, then what? for example, say both the president and vice president were no longer in office- the speaker of the house would become president, but would the Speaker of the house, now president pick the new vice president? and would the house then elect a new speaker?

It’s about time we held Western companies who know-tow to China in violation of Western norms that we see them and we aren’t happy about it. And it’s about time that Western governments stopped chasing business in China at the expense of freedom and human rights. We are enabling our enemy and we will come to regret it. Sooner rather than later.
I think Trump got this more right than almost any other accomplishment, of which he had many.

if anything, he didn't push hard enough on China. Hopefully, he made enough clear that even the politicians who are being paid by china (and there are plenty of them) will back off.

Oh, and if your country is going to allow chinese technology in your 5G network you should be terrified.

I think Trump got this more right than almost any other accomplishment, of which he had many.

if anything, he didn't push hard enough on China. Hopefully, he made enough clear that even the politicians who are being paid by china (and there are plenty of them) will back off.

Oh, and if your country is going to allow chinese technology in your 5G network you should be terrified.
Agree. The challenge he had is that previous administrations had run up such huge deficits that only the Chinese were prepared to finance them. So rather than just shut down trade, he had to take an incremental approach. The result of that is that they have only grown stronger and bolder over the last few years. I have a feeling that the next president will be grateful that Trump started this and took the heat - early indications are that very few if any of the measures of the last few years will be rolled back. At least we can hope.

Our Prime Minister in Canada has an unusual relationship with China. They arrest Canadians, intimidate Canadian citizens of Chinese descent, play by unfair trade rules, threaten us, and he keeps know-towing to them (which is the auto-correct version of kowtow for some reason!).

This has the odor of the 1930s about it - we can address this problem now, or we can wait until we have no choice and solving the problem is enormously costly and destructive. I kind of know which way it will go, unfortunately.

1609818966331.jpeg

The choosing of the Bidet & Ms Horrible as candidates by the DemonRat party reminds me of an old Hogan's Heroes episode where (supposedly) Hitler is replacing the Chief of Staff Field Marshal with the most inept Colonel in the army, but one that can follow orders. Anyone else notice the similarities between Colonel Klink and Joe Bidet?

This is just stupid, I can't believe we are dealing with this time of nonsense.

This is just stupid, I can't believe we are dealing with this time of nonsense.

Whats most disturbing to me isnt that these people come up with this sort of idiocracy....

Its that they find this to be important enough that it takes priority over things like... i dunno...

balancing the budget
improving infrastructure
national security issues
many others...

They have time to write up rules and legislation that tell us whether or not we can call someone he/she, mom, dad, etc...

But cant find the time to figure out how to un-f'k the postal service...

Gotta love our congressional representatives..

There is a rhyme that goes:
That who can - do
Those who can't - teach
Those who can't teach - Administrate

Appears that applied to doctors -
The representative for our area graduated from medical school, but chose instead to become a real estate saleswoman,
When she wasn't doing well in that she became employed as a doctor in a rural area willing to take anyone,
When she lost favor with that, she entered politics.

So,

Those that can doctor are physicians
Those that can't doctor go into sales
Those that can sell go into politics.

And the citizenry wonders why the country is so screwed up- well a bunch of people unable to do anything else are running it,

and now those people are being run by a bunch of people that hate the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AudraQ7266

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you