Politics

One for the conspiracy theorists. I've no idea what this picture is of I took from the deck of my house. To the south of Phoenix, heading from west to east more/less.

IMG_1550.jpeg

Seems no conspiracy. There was a SpaceX launch tonight from Vandenberg Space Base in California.

Rocket engine exhaust plume with rocket still firing in upper stratosphere and ground observer in shadow near sunrise or sunset. The exhaust plume is illuminated by direct sunlight. Very cool effect. Always different too. Conditions have to be just right within an hour or so of sunrise or sunset. Have watched them a few times after different launches. Also, if that was a Starlink launch, farther downrange the small sats get strung out after deployment and before final orbital positions form a chain of bright "reflectors" moving easterly at a predetermined inclination toward their final orbital destinations.

Seems no conspiracy. There was a SpaceX launch tonight from Vandenberg Space Base in California.
Darn…
I was really looking forward to reading all the conspiracy theories!
Great pic! :)

The last ten pages or so of polarised back and forth between normally rational, reasonable and intelligent people upon who should be their president between two inadequate candidates has cemented my view that the current form of your democracy has failed the USA. There has to be a better way. Forget your domestic issues, the whole future of humanity may hang in the balance.
Some thoughts for alternatives:
1. Strip the president of real power and devolve that to a 'super committee' of no more than five people with a majority vote system. People would need to be qualified according to criteria and nominated for choice by congress.
2. Strip down both the senate and congress to about a third of their size and give the members limited terms.
3. Force performance in some way, x number of acts passed or whatever per term or they all get removed.

Or....?
This will never happen but if there was a requirement to vote revolving around being a productive citizen...... Have a W-2 or pay self employment tax... Pay property tax. Even paying your own rent!

Or maybe have a clause that if you recieve welfare payments, your right to vote is rescinded.

I'm sure I'd be hung in the public square for suggesting this anywhere other than on AH.

My dad drank a CONSISTENT 18 cups a day minimum.
Amateurs.... If Gina could down one more pot per day than she is currently consuming, I'm sure she could take over the World;)

Last edited:
Rocket engine exhaust plume with rocket still firing in upper stratosphere and ground observer in shadow near sunrise or sunset. The exhaust plume is illuminated by direct sunlight. Very cool effect. Always different too. Conditions have to be just right within an hour or so of sunrise or sunset. Have watched them a few times after different launches. Also, if that was a Starlink launch, farther downrange the small sats get strung out after deployment and before final orbital positions form a chain of bright "reflectors" moving easterly at a predetermined inclination toward their final orbital destinations.
Yup a year or so ago that chain of lights was seen going over Mille Lacs Lake in Minnesota. Pretty cool;)

Amateurs.... If Gina could down one more pot per day than she is currently consuming, I'm sure she could take over the World;)
Actually, what my dad was best at was bumming coffee, getting filled up coming in, during, and exiting office visits, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg