Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA (Alaska, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia), South Africa
I am heading to Eastern Cape in less than two weeks. The taxidermy prices provided by my PH seem exorbitant, so I want to do some comparison shopping. Can anyone recommend a taxidermist in the EC, ideally close to Bloemfontein? I don't need masterpieces, just good quality. Thanks.

who did he tell you to use?

kotoko.co.za
They did some skulls and hides for me. 2011
All the work was good.
No clue about their mounts.

I am heading to Eastern Cape in less than two weeks. The taxidermy prices provided by my PH seem exorbitant, so I want to do some comparison shopping. Can anyone recommend a taxidermist in the EC, ideally close to Bloemfontein? I don't need masterpieces, just good quality. Thanks.
Mike, another vote for Kruger Human of Marakalalo Trophies. He has mounted all my personal South African trophies, as well as most of my clients trophies that I hunted with in SA.
His contact details are:
jkhuman@mweb.co.za
+27834478132
marakalalo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked Kruger if he could do my jackal and springhare in a chase, the results of which are on the main page and in the Custom gallery.

You sure you want to mount your trophies in Africa? I know their are members here who are satisfied and many who were not. I had two trophies done there and would not do it again. This is a hot topic for some here. Remember you have little recourse if your dissatisfied.

Mike, another vote for Kruger Human of Marakalalo Trophies. He has mounted all my personal South African trophies, as well as most of my clients trophies that I hunted with in SA.
His contact details are:
jkhuman@mweb.co.za
+27834478132
He did an excellent job on my trophies..
He is very talented..

My experience with taxidermists is very limited, but I was pretty impressed with Game Over taxidermy in Kimberley. ( http://www.gameovertaxidermy.co.za ) As I said, i don't have much for comparison, but I was pleased, especially with my waterbuck, which was the main goal and highlight of my hunt.

I don't know who to tell you to use but I would not use Karl Human Taxidermy as I was dissatisfied!

I toured African Sans on my last trip, the work on display looked good. I believe they are owned and operated by Wintershoek Safaris. Impressive facility, they were doing a full body elephant when I was there.

Karl Human is Karl Human Taxidermy in East Londen

Kruger Human is MarakalaloTaxidermy in Bloemfontein

No connection at all... 400miles apart

kruger human is the best I have seen he has done all my mounts .
and I will always use him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg