Please assist in Identifying a rifle scope: TACVector 6-24x50 FFP illuminated reticle

Gert Odendaal

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAJW
Members, I got hold of a rifle scope a few years back. I now need to fit it to a 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser M96 , I am building a no tap/drill scope mount based on the BAD ACE scope mount...I really tried to get information in regards to this rifle scope but the VECTOR Optics company said they do not know this scope ..
99cb879a-4121-4f1b-9d34-ced6fdb14721.jpg
47ab0ff2-36bf-42bb-bea3-8716e35056ce.jpg
e7660b6b-04e1-434b-841f-dee65bee941a.jpg

Take a peak on Amazon, they have several listed for purchase most reports are positive. Also a few tests on U Tube

Rob, I did search everywhere , there is not a photo of a TAC VECTOR scope like mine, look carefully at the photos I posted, there is an extra dialing port at the left rear of the tube ..this is also where the battery is installed..

Could be an earlier model, discontinued model, the newer models may have been upgraded to put the illuminated reticle on the side with the parallax adjustment

Last edited:
Could be a Chinese knockoff a Chinese scope. There were fake Leupolds on the market a while back.

Could be an earlier model, discontinued model, the newer models may have been upgraded to put the illuminated reticle on the side with the parallax adjustment
Rob, Yes you are correct,.. It is the Tourex 6-25x50 illuminated reticle , they did put the illumination housing with the parallax adjustment, it took me a while to go through every 6-25x50 scope of their scopes available on the market. I am curious to see how this old version will perform. I see all the reviews are quite positive ...

Could be a Chinese knockoff a Chinese scope. There were fake Leupolds on the market a while back.
Hogpatrol, I am not a expert on scopes at all but I think this scope is something a stretch better than the Chinese knock off...when picking it up it feels solid and the quality is excellent. I do not know how this company do it but the price do not reflect the quality and sturdiness of this product at all...keep in mind this is an old version ..

While I'm not a fan of Chinese products I bought a Japanese Glass Arken a while back and I'm quite pleased with it so mount it and see how it shoots

Attachments

• Schmidt Bender 5-25x56mm PM II LP P4FL 1cm ccw DT : ST Riflescope 689-911-972-90-68 For Sale |...pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Hogpatrol, I am not a expert on scopes at all but I think this scope is something a stretch better than the Chinese knock off...when picking it up it feels solid and the quality is excellent. I do not know how this company do it but the price do not reflect the quality and sturdiness of this product at all...keep in mind this is an old version ..
Put it in the refrigerator overnight, then bring it in to a warm room.

A friend of mine used the 5-25x60 Vector scope yesterday . He told me the first impression of the scope he got when looking through the scope at a target yesterday was how clear the lenses are.He is going to buy another one for his .308 Win rifle.The current scope is on a 22-250 Remington. I am currently duplicating the BAD ACE no-drill/tap scope mount to fit on the M96 Swedish Mauser 6.5x55 . When completed I will fit the 6-24x50 FFL on the 6.5x55.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abferrell60

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.