Plains game caliber

I have Dakota 76 Traveler in 416 Rigby/338 Lapua that I will use on Buffalo. Thinking about SAKO A7-300 WSM , Rem 700-7mm Rem mag or Bergara -6.5 Creedmoor for plains game , Eland, Waterbuck, Zebra, Kudu,etc Opinions? All have top end Leupold, Zeiss or Huskamaw optics. Opinions on which I should carry for plains game?

The one you are most comfortable with and shoot the best. Whichever one you take paractice twice as much as you think needed.....the. Practice some more. Shot placement is critical!
Have a great hunt! By the way the 416 will do everything you want provided you shoot it well. A 416 solid on small plains game is very effective placed properly.
 
+1 What CAustin said only shoot off sticks...critical!
 
my model 70 featherweight 300 wsm with 180 grain accubonds has been 1 shot lethal on large plains game . I really enjoy the feel of the gun
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,113
Members
169,113
Latest member
JeffreyOve
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top