Plains game caliber

I have Dakota 76 Traveler in 416 Rigby/338 Lapua that I will use on Buffalo. Thinking about SAKO A7-300 WSM , Rem 700-7mm Rem mag or Bergara -6.5 Creedmoor for plains game , Eland, Waterbuck, Zebra, Kudu,etc Opinions? All have top end Leupold, Zeiss or Huskamaw optics. Opinions on which I should carry for plains game?

The one you are most comfortable with and shoot the best. Whichever one you take paractice twice as much as you think needed.....the. Practice some more. Shot placement is critical!
Have a great hunt! By the way the 416 will do everything you want provided you shoot it well. A 416 solid on small plains game is very effective placed properly.

+1 What CAustin said only shoot off sticks...critical!

my model 70 featherweight 300 wsm with 180 grain accubonds has been 1 shot lethal on large plains game . I really enjoy the feel of the gun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois