Pine tar

CTDolan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Not the prettiest, but damn serviceable:

The guy is my favorite YouTube personality. I could spend all day watching his videos. It reminds me of my life growing up on the farm...hunting, shooting, trapping, chopping wood, caring for crops, caring for livestock, fixing up old stuff and making do.

I've put pine tar on horses hooves and treated framing on a 70 year old wooden boat with pine tar. I'd never finish a gun stock with it. If for no other reason, it stinks!

Have you ever baked potatoes in hot pine rosin? Best potato you've ever eaten. You just can't eat the skin though. When I was a kid living in Spokane, Washington, there was a local diner in northern Idaho that was famous for their rosin potatoes. They'd give a tour of the kitchen with a big cast iron pot and gas burner underneath. The pot looked like a large sugar pot. My parents were so impressed they went out and got a big cast iron dutch oven pot and some pine rosin, which came in a round carton similar to ice cream. We'd use a Coleman stove to heat it up and once a week or so have rosin potatoes.

https://thecookscook.com/features/the-almost-lost-art-of-rosin-potatoes/

I have used it on wooden boats too..

Have you ever baked potatoes in hot pine rosin? Best potato you've ever eaten. You just can't eat the skin though. When I was a kid living in Spokane, Washington, there was a local diner in northern Idaho that was famous for their rosin potatoes. They'd give a tour of the kitchen with a big cast iron pot and gas burner underneath. The pot looked like a large sugar pot. My parents were so impressed they went out and got a big cast iron dutch oven pot and some pine rosin, which came in a round carton similar to ice cream. We'd use a Coleman stove to heat it up and once a week or so have rosin potatoes.

https://thecookscook.com/features/the-almost-lost-art-of-rosin-potatoes/

It’s a lost art for sure. I have done thousands of them and they hold the heat and moisture inside. Cut one of 5hose bad boys open an$ the steam will fog up your glasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois