Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Hey guys,

I know we're all hunters here, but I also know many of us are avid photographers too!

That in mind, do any of you guys add a few days to your trip to get some photography in??

TIA, I know it's a bit of an odd question...

Hey guys,

I know we're all hunters here, but I also know many of us are avid photographers too!

That in mind, do any of you guys add a few days to your trip to get some photography in??

TIA, I know it's a bit of an odd question...

It is not an odd question sir! Many people do this.

As above, not an odd question at all. My first trip was a hunt and then a sightseeing and photography trip afterwards.
It's very common and a very enjoyable way to make the most of your time in Africa.
I also carry a digital SLR when I'm hunting, not just to record a successful end to a stalk but also to shoot the flora and fauna and landscape of where I am.
It's also something I enjoy doing during the midday break before the afternoon hunt.
Just go and sit under a tree quietly and see what appears.

I take photos at every last turn, all times of day and night while I am traveling, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.
So, I can't say I do extra days for just photography. Every day is for photography.

It's a given. My first to Namibia we had three days in Etosha NP, my second I got caught up chasing eland and skipped Etosha. My third trip, to RSA, I set up over a week travelling all over the cape from the coast to the Karoo taking pics along the way. This doesn't include just taking random shots during the hunt.

I think majority of the people here are into photography, documentation is necessary after a successful hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross