Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA wingshooters, GOSA,
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Botswana
Hey guys,

I know we're all hunters here, but I also know many of us are avid photographers too!

That in mind, do any of you guys add a few days to your trip to get some photography in??

TIA, I know it's a bit of an odd question...

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Hey guys,

I know we're all hunters here, but I also know many of us are avid photographers too!

That in mind, do any of you guys add a few days to your trip to get some photography in??

TIA, I know it's a bit of an odd question...

It is not an odd question sir! Many people do this.

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
As above, not an odd question at all. My first trip was a hunt and then a sightseeing and photography trip afterwards.
It's very common and a very enjoyable way to make the most of your time in Africa.
I also carry a digital SLR when I'm hunting, not just to record a successful end to a stalk but also to shoot the flora and fauna and landscape of where I am.
It's also something I enjoy doing during the midday break before the afternoon hunt.
Just go and sit under a tree quietly and see what appears.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I take photos at every last turn, all times of day and night while I am traveling, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.
So, I can't say I do extra days for just photography. Every day is for photography.

Ryan

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
It's a given. My first to Namibia we had three days in Etosha NP, my second I got caught up chasing eland and skipped Etosha. My third trip, to RSA, I set up over a week travelling all over the cape from the coast to the Karoo taking pics along the way. This doesn't include just taking random shots during the hunt.

justlexi

AH member
Reaction score
I think majority of the people here are into photography, documentation is necessary after a successful hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuthGerste

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J