Pay It Forward-Free

As I started this thread, I could care less how old or new you are as long as you follow the original instructions and offer up an item, hopefully as good or better than what you received. If this thread brings new members to the site then great. No different than when a free safari is offered, and it is usually someone who just joined wins the Safari. Usually we don’t hear from them again after they win. If a few stick around and add value to the forum than good.
play ball!

As I started this thread, I could care less how old or new you are as long as you follow the original instructions and offer up an item, hopefully as good or better than what you received. If this thread brings new members to the site then great. No different than when a free safari is offered, and it is usually someone who just joined wins the Safari. Usually we don’t hear from them again after they win. If a few stick around and add value to the forum than good.
play ball!
It was and is a great idea! Some Richards just can't help being Dick's!

You mean that I did it wrong when I offered up some bullets before I found something that I could use?
No matter how you do it you are going to tick off someone who wanted what was spoke for.

JUST A THOUGHT....WE HAVE BRAND NEW MEMBERS CLAIMING OUR FREE GEAR IN PAY IT FORWARD...I MEAN LIKE BRAND NEW...THEY SIGNED UP TO CLAIM FREE GEAR! GIVERS SHOULD PAY ATTENTION AS THAT JUST DOESNT SIT RIGHT WITH ME AT ALL AND IM GETTING READY TO THROW SOME MORE GEAR UP HERE TO PASS ON BUT IT WILL SAY THAT YOU MUST BE A MEMBER FOR AT LEAST A MONTH OR TWO AND MINIMUM POST COUNT OR ??? WILL REQUIRE A BIT MORE THOUGHT, BUT THE ABOVE MUELLER SCOPE WENT TO BRAND BRAND NOOB WITH 2 POSTS AND 6 DAYS MEMBER. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE AND THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO WHEN I POST GEAR HERE AGAIN. AND I HAD ZERO INTEREST IN THAT SCOPE, I JUST HAPPENED TO NOTICE THE SITUATION AND IT JUST DIDNT SEEM PROPER.
As long as they follow the idea of posting something in return I don’t care if they joined 5 minutes ago. This thread is to unload unneeded stuff to people who could use it and pass on the good will by posting something yourself, not to establish a hierarchy of those who can and cannot claim things.

You mean that I did it wrong when I offered up some bullets before I found something that I could use?
No matter how you do it you are going to tick off someone who wanted what was spoke for.
Yes actually! If you post something before you take something you are only allowed to offer up sexy little blonds, brunette is also fine but red heads are a little to feisty! It is clearly in the OP @JimP

Sorry guys to clutter up your thread....I will make sure I sit back for a while and make sure I have sufficient posts. I love to donate to kids events and anything else that pops up. Hope someone lands a scope that can be put to use! Happy to be back a part of this forum.

Sorry guys to clutter up your thread....I will make sure I sit back for a while and make sure I have sufficient posts. I love to donate to kids events and anything else that pops up. Hope someone lands a scope that can be put to use! Happy to be back a part of this forum.
You signed back up, you made a post, that's sufficient. Somebody else cluttered things up.

If he returns the favor and offers out something of use to another member, that's what this thread is about. Might be he's been lurking around for awhile and this finally brought him out of the shadows. Give him a chance, might be another hunter worth knowing. We'll see...

Midas8008 said he was a member a awhile back but hadn't, posted for a while and lost his password and had to comeback as a new member. I'm going to take him at his word, but I understand your concern and I'm with you., meanwhile has the 257 been spoken for
GOTCHA...copy both, solid points! i was just throwing a thought out there based on prior issue with similar thread from the past. There was a similar thread on a knife forum that got out of hand with an influx of brand new "members" signing up and claiming gear and it was quite obviously that people were taking advantage so they did make a change to prevent it. Apologies if it hurt some feelwings. Thought was meant so that people dont take advantage of a positive thing/place.

And JIMP... As far as my thought being made because i wanted that scope, thats a big no as i didnt want that scope at all...as i posted initailly. In this particular instance, come to find out he seems solid but could just as easy have been the start of a problem as Ive seen in the past. Wasnt meant to be a "hierarchy" or ANYTHING other then trying to prevent abuse of a good thing. But the melodramatic response/s that followed were hilarious!

Last edited:
Scope Has Shipped, But I agree on a minimum number of posts. Look what happens every time a Safari company offers a free hunt. Midas8000 PMd me to cancel the transaction, but alas it was to late, I hope his son enjoys the scope (and the QRrings that fell into the package)

Last edited:
well, spare a thought for old me.
Been here 5 minutes so to speak and had to pull out of what I thought was a good deal because the shipping from the seller to me was too expensive to be worthwhile.
Nudging 100us. It would have to be something pretty bloody good for me to put my hand up because it costs a heap to get it here lol

@Rob404 I just wanted to give you some acknowledgment for showing such class. That was one hell of a nice pay it forward to begin with, and to add to it is even more generous. My hat's off to you sir. May good fortune return to you.
Also, for what it's worth, I don't think that @gprippers was trying to do anything underhanded or cause any drama. He is a fellow member who noticed something and wanted to make us all aware of it. As it turns out in the case of @Midas8000 things may not be as they had appeared, but I don't think that @gprippers was out of line to bring it to our attention. One never knows for sure, and he chose to not sit on the sidelines and watch without saying something. I don't think there was any malice intended.
@Midas8000 welcome back to the site, and I hope your son enjoys his new scope. What rifle will be wearing it?

@csmiffy what size/weight item were you looking to have shipped to New Zeal;and? Over the last 15 years I have had several things from knives to bags of wool shipped from NZ to USA and the price seemed reasonable. I guess things going the other way, from USA to NZ are more expensive. Such the pity when the cost of freight kills a transaction.

well, spare a thought for old me.
Been here 5 minutes so to speak and had to pull out of what I thought was a good deal because the shipping from the seller to me was too expensive to be worthwhile.
Nudging 100us. It would have to be something pretty bloody good for me to put my hand up because it costs a heap to get it here lol
@Rob404 I just wanted to give you some acknowledgment for showing such class. That was one hell of a nice pay it forward to begin with, and to add to it is even more generous. My hat's off to you sir. May good fortune return to you.
Also, for what it's worth, I don't think that @gprippers was trying to do anything underhanded or cause any drama. He is a fellow member who noticed something and wanted to make us all aware of it. As it turns out in the case of @Midas8000 things may not be as they had appeared, but I don't think that @gprippers was out of line to bring it to our attention. One never knows for sure, and he chose to not sit on the sidelines and watch without saying something. I don't think there was any malice intended.
@Midas8000 welcome back to the site, and I hope your son enjoys his new scope. What rifle will be wearing it?
Thanks , appreciate that. I hope his son enjoys the Scope

JUST A THOUGHT....WE HAVE BRAND NEW MEMBERS CLAIMING OUR FREE GEAR IN PAY IT FORWARD...I MEAN LIKE BRAND NEW...THEY SIGNED UP TO CLAIM FREE GEAR! GIVERS SHOULD PAY ATTENTION AS THAT JUST DOESNT SIT RIGHT WITH ME AT ALL AND IM GETTING READY TO THROW SOME MORE GEAR UP HERE TO PASS ON BUT IT WILL SAY THAT YOU MUST BE A MEMBER FOR AT LEAST A MONTH OR TWO AND MINIMUM POST COUNT OR ??? WILL REQUIRE A BIT MORE THOUGHT, BUT THE ABOVE MUELLER SCOPE WENT TO BRAND BRAND NOOB WITH 2 POSTS AND 6 DAYS MEMBER. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

JUST THROWING THAT OUT THERE AND THATS WHAT IM GOING TO DO WHEN I POST GEAR HERE AGAIN. AND I HAD ZERO INTEREST IN THAT SCOPE, I JUST HAPPENED TO NOTICE THE SITUATION AND IT JUST DIDNT SEEM PROPER
1646955000967.png

Some folks here might consider less than six months and 136 posts still a newcomer. Some folks might consider someone who types in ALL CAPS...........well you know. Lighten up Francis!

:A Stirring: :A Stirring:

@csmiffy what size/weight item were you looking to have shipped to New Zeal;and? Over the last 15 years I have had several things from knives to bags of wool shipped from NZ to USA and the price seemed reasonable. I guess things going the other way, from USA to NZ are more expensive. Such the pity when the cost of freight kills a transaction.
@Ray B several sets of dies and what not. Fit in a shoe box with wrapping bubble wrap etc. If it weight 3lb that would be close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.