Patiently Waiting/Planning

do you roll up all the loonies and toonies like that bricko , by hand or have you a machine ?

Pocket gets unloaded each day and thrown into the jar. Africa Tax.
Sorted in a machine and put in tubes when I want a true count.

jeffb , sounds like you have the arrow weight problem fixed. study the anatomy of african animals.( Bow kill shots), a good shot on a whitetail deer is a GUT shot impala. Forrest

Absolutely Forrest. I have gotten some 2 x 3 paper targets from Safari Press that shows vitals on one side and not on the other side. Will be practicing on the non vital side and then checking the other side for shot placement. The sight on my bow is a Trophy Ridge react 5 pin set at 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards. When you dial in the 30, the 40, 50 and 60 sets themselves. Actually works very well. I shoot very well at all of those yardages but I have been practicing at odd yardages lately such as 27, 38, 33, 41, 47, etc. I have also been practicing on one knee and sitting. After all, shot placement I believe is the most important when it comes to bow hunting.

yes you are correct, shot placement is everything . get your broadheads razor sharpe and have a blast. by the way you might want to take extra money with you for trophy fees all the animals are beautiful . I want to shoot them all BUT $. Forrest

Definately looking for extras there. My hunt includes the following: Kudu, Gemsbok, Blue Wildebeest, Impala , Warthog , Plains Zebra, Red Hartebeest, Baboon and Black Backed Jackal. Also looking to tag a Black Wildebeest, Springbok and Caracal if possible

Sounds like your well planned. Just started saving money for my next hunt. Put in 53$ and a couple $'s in coins. A long way to go, about 19,947$ to be exact to reach my goal haha.

Sure adds up fast. (Trip cost). I figure by the time my trip is over it will probably run around $23,000 to $25,000. That does include hunt, airfare, shipping, dip & pack, tips, taxidermy and expenses. Well worth it though, after all it's the experience of a lifetime that counts

add 40 to 60 % to your low figure and you will be in the ball park.......

after may secoand trip to africa, which was supposed to be the last, I started planning another, my wife looked at me and said you need to start thinking about retirement. I looked at here said hell I might be dead tommorow Iam going to hunt while I can. Forrest

Funny you say that Forrest. With my income I figure this will be my only trip to Africa, BUT there are more species I would like to get and I have a sneaky suspicion that I will definitely be planning to go again. I have learned so much on this plan that I believe I will be even more prepared the second time. My wife says that she would probably go with me if (WHEN) HEEHEE I go. Have to get through this one first though

There you go jeffb, a guy can't just go once! Start planning for that next trip.

My way of think about this issue is......you can never go to Africa and that is Ok.......but if you go once, you must to come back, twice at least at any cost......that is what happens to me right now.........:D

jeff, before I started planning my first trip to africa I thought africa is only for the wealthy. then after I made my mide up To go , it was going to be once in a lifetime adventure. but after going I had to go back. I have been well blessed to work for a company that I can get all the overtime I want. overtime is mine (well most of it) goes in a seprate account,my check goes to my family. if you go once I think you will work out a way to go again. Forrest

jeff, before I started planning my first trip to africa I thought africa is only for the wealthy. then after I made my mide up To go , it was going to be once in a lifetime adventure. but after going I had to go back. I have been well blessed to work for a company that I can get all the overtime I want. overtime is mine (well most of it) goes in a seprate account,my check goes to my family. if you go once I think you will work out a way to go again. Forrest

+1 .

I would have to change the name of this thread to impatiently waiting, couldn't wait for it to happen!! LOL

jeff, I no what you mean. time goes slow when you are planning the hunt. when the hunt starts if FLIES by . you are doing the wright thing hunting 12 days. are you hunting june 2015 or 2016 ? dark nights ? my last hunt I hunted 13 days,flew home on friday 13 . Forrest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg