Overpriced Reloading Components?

Is this local to you? I ask because I have not seen this happening in my locale and have not taken note of the online retailers I frequent dropping prices quite a bit. Powder and bullets are the two items I tend to look for. Primers not as much as I had a decent supply prior to all this BS. Not arguing with you, CoElkHunter, I just haven't seen the same when I'm looking.

IMO, Nosler has really taken advantage of these times as an opportunity for major increases. Considerably more so than any other component/ammo manufacturer.
I understand what you're saying, but I just checked the NATIONWIDE LARGE stores online of Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro/Cabelas and Scheels, not to mention Midway, looking for .25-06 and/or .338WM brass. Of the two cartridges, Bass Pro had 50 count of Nosler .25-06 for $110 in stock. That's it. ABSURD! I don't know what the CEO of Nosler is smoking, but between their brass and bullets, they're pricing themselves out of MY reloading zip code.

I've found some Hornady 25-06 for around $50 for 50. Cal Ranch list it for $39 for 50 but they are out of stock

Case in point: While I attended school in Chicago my wife helped with support by working for the school in the business office. there were other girls employed by the school who worked "part-time". They worked part-time because if they worked full-time they would be ineligible for various aid programs. The girls were acting in their best interest, at least their best short-term interest, which is the viewpoint perpetuated by the Democrat party. Change the system and the behaviors will change.
Our social financial "safety net" was absolutely designed for the situation you've described. The part time and "underemployed" working force benefit greatly from these programs and rightfully so. They pay taxes into the system which then helps support them on a TEMPORARY basis.

I understand what you're saying, but I just checked the NATIONWIDE LARGE stores online of Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro/Cabelas and Scheels, not to mention Midway, looking for .25-06 and/or .338WM brass. Of the two cartridges, Bass Pro had 50 count of Nosler .25-06 for $110 in stock. That's it. ABSURD! I don't know what the CEO of Nosler is smoking, but between their brass and bullets, they're pricing themselves out of MY reloading zip code.
@CoElkHunter
Stop complaining mate and make your own 25-06 cases out of cheap 270 and 30-06 brass. Easy as.
338WM may be a bit harder but not much.
In the hard times we do the hard things and adapt.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
Stop complaining mate and make your own 25-06 cases out of cheap 270 and 30-06 brass. Easy as.
Bob

I can actually say that I have more 25-06 cases with a 30-06 head stamp on them than I have with the 25-06 head stamp.

@CoElkHunter
Bob
You’re right Bob. I’ll rustle up some .270 and .30-06 brass and run em through the .25-06 dies. Neck sizing only on new .30-06 brass? Do you run .308 cases to make your .243s? LOL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.15 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.17 PM.png
    517.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.18 PM.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.20 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 23

I was looking for some new 9.3x62 brass a few weeks ago and found Nosler available at several retailers. Prices ranged from $95-$117 for a box of 25.... I didn't need it that bad.

Using Ammoseek for reloading components works well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.51 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 1.28.53 PM.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 22

Yes, Ammoseek can be a useful resource.

The conclusion to my previous post was I ended up buying new Norma 9,3 brass for $1 a piece.

You’re right Bob. I’ll rustle up some .270 and .30-06 brass and run em through the .25-06 dies. Neck sizing only on new .30-06 brass? Do you run .308 cases to make your .243s? LOL
@CoElkHunter
No I don't do that to make 243 cases mate, I just leave them at 308 for my son. He to hates the 243.
Bob

I didn't know you could look up reloading components on that site? Just tried it for .25-06 on their advanced search. Only Capital Cartridge popped up. $74/50 for once fired "unprocessed" cleaned and polished brass. Ha! Ha! Looks like an additional option though when looking for component stuff. Thanks for sharing!

I disagree- A friend has a 458 Win Mag with a muzzlebreak that is advertised as having the recoil of a 243. Having shot it I must say, the recoil of a 243 must be quite severe.
Wow, talk about misleading advertising.

Maybe the severe recoil of the .243 is why Bob despises the cartridge so much. He's pretty well convinced that on the other end it's only capable of wounding game. Can't hunt with it. He's convinced of that.He will try convince anyone who listens you should not use it on anything bigger than a field mouse.

I didn't know you could look up reloading components on that site? Just tried it for .25-06 on their advanced search. Only Capital Cartridge popped up. $74/50 for once fired "unprocessed" cleaned and polished brass. Ha! Ha! Looks like an additional option though when looking for component stuff. Thanks for sharing!

If you use the super advance search feature, it can search for the product you are looking for and also recommend a good restaurant or bar nearby.

Wow, talk about misleading advertising.

Maybe the severe recoil of the .243 is why Bob despises the cartridge so much. He's pretty well convinced that on the other end it's only capable of wounding game. Can't hunt with it. He's convinced of that.He will try convince anyone who listens you should not use it on anything bigger than a field mouse.
@CBH Australia
Even on a field mouse it's barely adequate if it is pissed off.
Bob

The only thing I have to say about a 243 is it works great on (American) groundhogs.

Back in my younger days I had a Remington Model 660. Killed one particular groundhog 3 times with it.
The shots went clean through the big old hog pulling guts out the other side. The shots hit and went through the hog so fast it didn't knock it over, that is why I shot it 2 more times.

The second hit was touching the first hit, because it still didn't fall over and thinking I had missed again I aimed center mass at the ribs and fired the third shot, the bullet hit below the rib cage. As I readied for a 4th shot a light puff of wind blew the hog on its side.

Sometimes a hunter needs something a bit bigger than a 22 long rifle or 22 magnum for medium size varmints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,