Overpriced Reloading Components?

It will not get any better anytime soon. I went on the Cabelas website in Calgary AB and all the ammo you want but can’t ship to the US..

Yeah, I'm sitting on a lifetime's supply of primers. Nice place to be right now.
@WAB
I'm not sitting on a lifetime supply but 4,000 large and 2,000 small should be enough for a while
Bob

1 pound of powder is going for well over $100 on GB. I'm watching 8 pounds of varget that's over $500 already.

Absolutely stupid of me to not buy more components months or years ago.
@CJW
At least we're only paying 65 dollars OZ for a pound.
Bob

Can we ship powder? I’ve got some I could sell/trade at a reasonable price but I know nothing about shipping it.

Can we ship powder? I’ve got some I could sell/trade at a reasonable price but I know nothing about shipping it.

You can ship it but it has to be a ground type of shipping along with a hazmat fee paid.

Check with UPS before looking at selling it.

Where can you buy components at a reasonable price? I just joined a local private gun club. I have been trying for months and now there are several memberships for sale. I need some brass, bullets, powder, primers. I don't want to overpay but many people are willing to pay up to 10 times the pre-covid street price.

I am not picky. I have lots of guns but running low on ammo. Don't want to stop shooting. My friends are not as generous as some of yours. They might rob my house and take my small stash of primers and powder while leaving my rifles, my wife's jewelry, and my valuables.

Wow, a few cases of primers are worth more than a Super Grade Model 70 rebarreled to a 404 Jeffery. Crazy.

I may have to start bow hunting again!

You can ship it but it has to be a ground type of shipping along with a hazmat fee paid.

Check with UPS before looking at selling it.
Sell locally to AH member. This would be the easiest. Many people on this site would drive a few hundred miles if it were the right powder at the right price.

Well I’ve got some powder in Bama if anyone is interested I’ll provide a list and I will sell it at regular pricing. This price gouging is ridiculous.

I’m interested WAB.. and willing to pay whatever the shipping is

Some co-workers and I were discussing the best items to stockpile for a full societal breakdown...One suggestion was to buy gold coins to which a very wise member of the group said you can't eat gold...buy lead! Now Lead is worth more than gold!

I went to cal ranch today for some animal food. The sporting good shelves were bare. Even the junk brands and obscure items were gone. There were only a dozen long guns still available. It was eerie and weird. I’m not needing anything but it was sooo crazy to see the emptiness!
Yeah it’s really crazy. You’d think from the last ammo/component shortage when everybody who bought everything available enough for two lifetimes, they’re would be something left this time around? Maybe some are on their second lifetime? Ha! Ha!

I bid on the 416 Taylor dies but they got too high. The final price was twice the price of custom dies. I will have a set of 416 Taylor dies built.
Midway had the Redding Taylor dies for $199. Currently out of stock, but they’ll be back. That was an outrageous winning bid for those dies!

Midway had the Redding Taylor dies for $199. Currently out of stock, but they’ll be back. That was an outrageous winning bid for those dies!
I will wait unless someone has 416 Taylor dies. Redding would be great.

I will wait unless someone has 416 Taylor dies. Redding would be great.
Oh someone will have them eventually at a reasonable price. I purchased mine awhile back from Midway. DON’T PANIC and succumb to the madness! Reload for and shoot something else for awhile. Something will eventually pop up, it always does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg