Outfitters and political posts

when she tips over due to what ever ailment that she possesses and is succeeded by that mouth breather Cain(no, I spelled it correctly) may God help us all!!

I figured his campaign slogan would be CAIN IS ABLE

But all of the SETHs of the world would probably object and demand that Cain show is "mark".

Saturday is the start of elk season here in Eastern Washington so I'm leaving shortly. It goes through November 6; which means that when the season ends and I take a day or so to break camp and get home, the election will be history and I won't have to endure any more of the nastiest political advertisements that I've seen dating back over sixty years. Hallelujah!!

So just a thought with Trump, and as a long time Republican, the party I felt has left hunters, sure they have stopped gun control measures but it is always a defensive battle and we are just a supreme Court justice away from that all changing. I feel like every 2 or 4 years we get lip service from politicians saying how they will look out for hunters, sportsman, outdoorsmen, and on a local/state level I feel they do, but at the federal level it is empty promises. I think the Republican party has had an issue with empty promises, 2010 stop Obamacare and 2014 stop illegal immigration, once they get elected they don't do anything and cry and say it is really hard. I say this because the moment Trump started his rise in the polls many of the long time Republican came out against him. To me this meant business as usual and the lip service was about to change. I think we need a shake up and hope politicians will be held accountable, Republican and Democrat. Too many lies, the fact that Trump wants term limits and to changing lobbying regulations IMO is a big step in the right direction. This is a small thing, and there are ton of other issues but when career politicians get nervous, I think the American people win!

Just as some pushback, it was a big leap to assume how I vote in elections. Just because I find HRC ability to be purchased personally beneficial, and just because I find Trump to be an ineffective leader, a narcissist and a rather poor businessman bares no indication on how I will vote.

My point was that was there is no conservative running nor have we had one since 1988. Sadly, the best of conservatives in past 50 years was still for gun control and amnesty.

I reject the argument that it's a one issue race and on that one issue being guns that there is this amazing divide between them. Noted real conservative Ben Shapiro brings up the fact that on a single issue, (abortion) Trump took 8 unique positions in only a two week period.

Can't we just say "we're casting our ballots this time hoping for dumb luck?". Lord knows no position exists that isn't up to change on a whim.

Trump on hunting: I don't get it

Trump on guns: we should use the no fly list as a determining factor

Does my lack of passion or support mean I'm automatically determined to be voting for a particular candidate? It means I think they are both shams, losers, and sociopaths. That's all it means.

................. It means I think they are both shams, losers, and sociopaths. ..........

Interesting description of politicians.

"if you are not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you are not a conservative by 40, you have no head". Winston Churchill

That is definitely one of my favorites from Churchill... He was one of the most brilliant thinkers of modern time. You know the question often asked, " If you could have dinner with any famous person alive or dead who would it be? My pick would be Churchill... Here's another of my favorites from him:

"It's been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all of the other that have been tried."

Another oldie, "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else". WC. I recently read his early memoirs, fascinating. They made a movie based on that book some years ago called, "Young Winston". I finally was able to catch it on cable the other day and it was great. Its rarely shown on the telly.

Interesting description of politicians.

As a "lady of the evening" here in Nevada said,"Prostitutes are women who sell their bodies. Politicians are whores who sell their souls."

Hi rookhawk,

I agree with you that the choices are slim - all Politicians are crooks - IMO.

However, I do not agree with you that the Democrat gun control efforts are ineffective.

If The Department of Homeland Security's recent ammunition grab, resulting in ammunition being unavailable at any price, did not send a chill down your spine, I re-state my comment about travelling with a different map than the one I navigate by.

Even now, although becoming a little more available, ammunition remains painfully expensive.

Vote for the gun control candidate all you want to.

I cannot do it.

Kind regards,
Velo Dog.

Gun control Clinton style is not just handguns, it's all guns. She has said she's going for Australian type confiscation. Note the word confiscation. Now think about all the conservation programs conceived and funded by sportsmen and hunters: RMEF, DU, and all the others. Think of all the money we put into these organizations through the self imposed Pitman-Robertson Act tax alone. We are the ones who do most of the wildlife conservation, not the govt. Most of the money is derived from these funds.

What happens if our guns are taken away? All that money stops, many jobs are lost, the programs end, wildlife suffers because it is not properly managed through selective hunting, most businesses connected to hunting, shooting, sporting equipment suffer. Where will the money to continue these programs come from? Higher taxes, more fees, and whatever scam the politicians can dream up.

It will have worldwide repercussions and outfitters around the globe are understandably worried. The USA is the big sugar daddy and accounts for a large portion of their livelihood. I do not want to see this happen.

I found a rather appropo quote from the Bible the other day: "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2.
To which I added: "Be not a fool. Vote wisely."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondU66

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross