"Original" M-65 Field Jacket

The last three hunting seasons I’ve been using two jackets from 5.11 . Got them both at the Vegas store one in Olive and the other in grey camo. The latter is my go to for walking Stalking in the thorns or thick bush. The olive one is my “evening” jacket around the fire it has ample pockets and a drawstring waist. Not sure what an M65 is but this one looks like it came from an episode of MASH.

This is certainly under the correct category. Those field jackets were a joke. I still have one of mine from early seventies. And I'm sure I can still wear it. Should let my grandson have it. They were cold on a hot summer day.
Well, you're from "up north" so you HAVE to know what works in real cold. We just don't get that much challenge from cold down here, tho when we do, it catches you off guard and really freezes your tail off.
BTW--have that exact Browning game vest; love it.

I wear an M-65 Field Jacket w/liner every time I hunt in Maine. Never need to empty the pockets if goes back into a black contractor bag until the next year. Got it at a flea market for $55 some 20+ years ago. It's the old woodland camo pattern. I don't change much over the years.

20231124_080331.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing I remember about my OD green field jacket is that the pockets would hold 4 full wine bottles picked up at wine festivals in Germany and France. The red was delicious with yager schnitzel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boziebean

Latest profile posts

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg