"Original" M-65 Field Jacket

The last three hunting seasons I’ve been using two jackets from 5.11 . Got them both at the Vegas store one in Olive and the other in grey camo. The latter is my go to for walking Stalking in the thorns or thick bush. The olive one is my “evening” jacket around the fire it has ample pockets and a drawstring waist. Not sure what an M65 is but this one looks like it came from an episode of MASH.

This is certainly under the correct category. Those field jackets were a joke. I still have one of mine from early seventies. And I'm sure I can still wear it. Should let my grandson have it. They were cold on a hot summer day.
Well, you're from "up north" so you HAVE to know what works in real cold. We just don't get that much challenge from cold down here, tho when we do, it catches you off guard and really freezes your tail off.
BTW--have that exact Browning game vest; love it.

I wear an M-65 Field Jacket w/liner every time I hunt in Maine. Never need to empty the pockets if goes back into a black contractor bag until the next year. Got it at a flea market for $55 some 20+ years ago. It's the old woodland camo pattern. I don't change much over the years.

20231124_080331.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good thing I remember about my OD green field jacket is that the pockets would hold 4 full wine bottles picked up at wine festivals in Germany and France. The red was delicious with yager schnitzel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.