TNDave

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, NWTF
Hunted
USA, RSA
I just found a good deal and acquired a S&W 629 Classic with 6 inch barrel. I’m looking for what might be the best optic for hunting on this pistol. I’m leaning towards a reflexive type sight since most of my hunting is in heavy brush and timber. I want/need something that won’t turn into a baby rattle due to the recoil and has good target acquisition. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Burris Fastfire III is one I like. Also Leica asph is good

The Ultradot red dots will hold up to 44 magnum recoil and above easily. I had a them on a couple of my handguns. The Burris Fastfire and Vortex holo sights also have good reputations.

My preference is the Leupold M8 2x EER but don't know if they are still made- the companies appear to have gone bonkers over variable power scopes.

I have had an EOtech Holosight on my Dan Wesson 15-VH .44mag for years with no issues. Runs on AA's and they can be changed quickly.

I have used both the Burris Fastfire 3 and the JPoint/Shield reflex sights on a 454 Casull. Both have withstood several hundred rounds. I also have a JPoint mounted on the slide of a Glock 9mm which is still going strong after many thousands of rounds.

In many ways I prefer the JPoint because its always on. Its too easy to forget to turn on the Burris until lining up for that once in a lifetime shot (Ask me how I know ). Also the Burris has an auto turn off feature after about 8 hours of use (Again ask me how I know. This can catch you out after stalking all day. On the plus side, the Burris can be set on minium power and still be usable in the dark.

I have had an EOtech Holosight on my Dan Wesson 15-VH .44mag for years with no issues. Runs on AA's and they can be changed quickly.
I would love some pics of this. I have a DW stainless that I love, but my eyes don't see as well as the gun shoots anymore.

I have a H2 Aimpoint on my Raging Hunter 8 3/8 .44 Mag. - rugged and endless battery life. Some dont linke Taurus — but all of them in my cabinet are well made, reliable and accurate. They don’t have the best reputation, but I like them and trust them.

I'm not sure if there is a mounting system for it but look at SeeAll Sights.

I have their delta sight on a muzzle loader and love it. Right now I'm looking at putting one on a Beretta 96

I just found a good deal and acquired a S&W 629 Classic with 6 inch barrel. I’m looking for what might be the best optic for hunting on this pistol. I’m leaning towards a reflexive type sight since most of my hunting is in heavy brush and timber. I want/need something that won’t turn into a baby rattle due to the recoil and has good target acquisition. Any help is greatly appreciated.
i know im a bit late but nikon makes a pretty nice pistol scope

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.08.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.08.11 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.08.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 6.08.13 PM.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 93
Hi, I ran a Leupold m84x on 44mags and 4570 handguns for years with no issues. I do mean "A" scope,
same one on all those guns! I still have this scope, and currently have it on a 3030 contender, great
scope!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois