Opinions and experiences on a rifle and caliber

Voodooracer

Bronze supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get your opinions on a Montana rifle company DGR in 505 gibbs. I'm potentially looking into one in the future as a pure stopping rifle. It's more of a want than a need but in sure you guys know all about that hahaha. I'd appreciate your experiences with the rifle as well as with the 505 Gibbs caliber. P.s. I'm not recoil shy either haha.
Thanks!
Voodooracer

Don't get it too light, my friend has a 9 lb 458 Win Mag and it's like a 30-06 compared to my 500 Jeffery. I love the big 50s but they do need a little weight ...

I completely agree. I have. A cz 550 in 458 Lott that weighs around 9.5 pounds and definitely wouldn't want that rifle any lighter, let alone a 505 gibbs.

Montana builds a great rifle and they have service to back it up if you need it.

I comes right out of the box as ordered and they will set the trigger for you if you want an exact poundage. However you can do it your self if you like.

If you have the rifle built you can have them add some weight to the stock to get it to your specifications. Usually will add a recoil reducer in the stock.

I suggest you add a different dated recoil pad (they will do this) as there 1/2 pad is a little hard for me i added 1 1/4 inch kick ezze to mine.

Ah okay, I am very interested in one of their rifles and the 505 Gibbs is really intriguing to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg