on a lighter note...

would those be solingen knives?
Looks like it to me, if so I've got the same one as well. Gift from an uncle to my grandfather who passed it to me when he started giving stuff away towards his end of time.
 
would those be solingen knives?

Good observation.

Yes, mine was a Solingen. The one on my waist was lost many years ago.

I still have my Fathers which was larger and says Baron Solingen Germany. My Father bought them in Germany around 1960. This knife is almost to big to wear, but it has split a lot of sternums, pelvic bones, chopped wood, been a hammer, screwdriver and many other things in its life. It has pretty much been retired for years and sets in a deserving place in the trophy room.

upload_2018-10-27_0-5-55.png
 
Last edited:
knives.jpg
 
lottery_win.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,088
Members
169,492
Latest member
FYTEartha
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top