on a lighter note...

It's called Gravity.

Gravity pulls down, thereby getting down is much easier.

Gravity pulls down, thereby one has to fight gravity to get back to a standing position.

This is my reasoning and explanation as to why I'm slow and clumsy getting back up. And I'm sticking to it.:cool::LOL:

Yeap, I also have used and abused my body over the decades. I have arthritis in the knees, severe back injury, a screwed up hip,........and since I was forced to slow down by these injuries....we won't discuss the addition of the "slight" over the belt hang.
What I don’t get is why gravity seems to be getting stronger every year!
 
They know the difference between canola oil and olive oil, but not between bar and chain oil and motor oil.
A funny story, about five years ago my parents were set to leave on a weekend trip. Dad checked the oil on the car before they left and found it to be a quart low. He goes to the shed to look for oil, walks past several gallons of shell rotella 15-40 (the car takes 5w30, but at least it was engine oil) and grabs a jug of my bar and chain oil that the label had fallen off of.
He told me before they left what oil he had put in. I promptly sent him to town, in his pickup, to get oil and a filter so I could change the oil.
 
A funny story, about five years ago my parents were set to leave on a weekend trip. Dad checked the oil on the car before they left and found it to be a quart low. He goes to the shed to look for oil, walks past several gallons of shell rotella 15-40 (the car takes 5w30, but at least it was engine oil) and grabs a jug of my bar and chain oil that the label had fallen off of.
He told me before they left what oil he had put in. I promptly sent him to town, in his pickup, to get oil and a filter so I could change the oil.
I think bar oil is just STP with red food coloring added. If that pitch-in-a-can "additive" crap doesn't hurt engines I'm sure bar oil would have been okay.
 
IMG_0392.jpeg
 
What I don’t get is why gravity seems to be getting stronger every year!

:E Rofl:......It's called Climb It Change.

The older we get the slower it is to climb it back up.

Gravity isn't getting stronger the body is slowly winning the argument over the brain.

Brain: Get your ass up.

Body: I'm so comfy and relaxed.

Brain: Hurry it up. Get up, and get moving.

Body: Why? What's the rush? I don't ache as bad in this position.

Brain: ????, ok, then, enjoy the moment. Slowly get your ass up. Before the wife thinks you're dead and starts giving away your guns, boat, and fishing gear.

Body: Damn! You got me. I'm agonizingly getting up.
 
Last edited:
:E Rofl:......It's called Climb It Change.

The older we get the slower it is to climb it back up.

Gravity isn't getting stronger the body is slowly winning the argument over the brain.

Brain: Get your ass up.

Body: I'm so comfy and relaxed.

Brain: Hurry it up. Get up, and get moving.

Body: Why? What's the rush? I don't ache as bad in this position.

Brain: ????, ok, then, enjoy the moment. Slowly get your ass up. Before the wife thinks you're dead and starts giving away your guns, boat, and fishing gear.

Body: Damn! You got me. I'm agonizingly getting up.
Body: OK, OK. I'm trying. Give me something to help pull me up.
 
Body: OK, OK. I'm trying. Give me something to help pull me up.

Most folks call it whatever they can find. I call it block and tackle.

What ever can block me from returning to the horizontal position and still tackle the holding limits of my weight that I'm about to put on it to get me back in the vertical position.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,586
Members
170,066
Latest member
StephenToo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top