on a lighter note...

IMG_4914.png
 
And the correct answer is....

View attachment 678114
They're both wrong - the answer is 12.

The commutative property + Order of operations + disambiguation results in

6 + 6 + (6 x 6 x 0)

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> 6 + 6 + 6 * 6 * 0
12

Python, C++, Java, C# - all yield the same result.

you could sort-of ignore OOO if the equation were re-written and evaluated left to right as

6 * 6 * 0 + 6 + 6

Without understanding the commutative property, you would end up with 2 different and "correct" answers.

But the commutative declares that 6 + 6 + 6 * 6 * 0 = 6 * 6 * 0 + 6 + 6. If we didn't have that property, computer programming would not work because math wouldn't work.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,238
Members
169,288
Latest member
e39bmwcomv
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top