on a lighter note...

727268502_1376837797640058_6068842976915203307_n.jpeg
 

What the nearest gas station has seen doesn't compare....

Not true for army grunts.

No matter the location or terrain....

15 days without a shower, shave, wearing the same uniform since day 1, sweat streak, mosquito welt faces of dirt, grime, red clay, and remnants of camo face paint; bodies and clothing bloodied from various cuts, scrapes, and other sources;

Yeah,.....

If the "proverbial countryside" could talk with one's nearest gas station bathroom, it would give the gas station bathroom long lasting nightmares.
 
15 days without a shower, shave, wearing the same uniform since day 1, sweat streak, mosquito welt faces of dirt, grime, red clay, and remnants of camo face paint; bodies and clothing bloodied from various cuts, scrapes, and other sources;
Drag it out from May to October, add in people shooting rifles and mortars at you, add the occasional boobie trap or punji pit and it's called Operation Mameluke Thrust.
 
Drag it out from May to October, add in people shooting rifles and mortars at you, add the occasional boobie trap or punji pit and it's called Operation Mameluke Thrust.

Read between the lines.

Having an operational name makes it sound cool or more impressive or whatever. Whether the jungles of Vietnam, Central and South America, or the mountains and deserts of Afghanistan or Iran. Whether Army or Marine a grunt is still a grunt.

The point being is after several days of being out on patrol grunts are rougher looking than what any regular person might look like in the morning in a gas station bathroom.
 
Read between the lines.

Having an operational name makes it sound cool or more impressive or whatever. Whether the jungles of Vietnam, Central and South America, or the mountains and deserts of Afghanistan or Iran. Whether Army or Marine a grunt is still a grunt.

The point being is after several days of being out on patrol grunts are rougher looking than what any regular person might look like in the morning in a gas station bathroom.
Apart from that morning after completing the big five……then if you don’t look rough your head sure will feel it :ROFLMAO: mine would anyway:)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,216
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top