on a lighter note...

IMG_6174.jpeg
 
I couldn't decide: Like, Laugh, or Cry.

My Google Maps GPS "lady" [voice} has sent me on "excursions" putting me miles away from my intended destination or sent me miles/hours driving out of the way to get me to my destination.

I think it's "her" way of getting even for not telling "her":

1. I'm making an impromptual pitstop for: fuel, food, rest break, etc,
Or
2. I am in a familiar area, taking an impromptual alternate route; ignoring "her" multiple rerouting instructions to get to my intended destination.
Or
3. I follow a second sexier sounding GPS "lady's" {voice} instructions better than "her's".
 
Did that in the Eastern Cape. I ended up on a track that was last used by this...View attachment 751539

WOW....Fresh Sign! At least you were in an area where some sort of civilization might be within a hundred mile radius.

My GPS lady voice said in 200 feet turn right at next STOP sign.

20251028_073912.jpg


Your destination is on the left.
 
Last edited:
A few weeks back, a pilot pushed a button on his Garmin autopilot GPS and flew in to cumulus granite.
I can't count how many times I knew by heart better than any mapping app ways to go from A to B.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,242
Messages
1,569,402
Members
168,688
Latest member
LachlanBan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top