on a lighter note...

1674333082121.png
 
I made a playlist for hiking. It has music from The Cranberries, Peanuts, and Eminem.
I call it my Trail Mix.
 
View attachment 512248

View attachment 512249

It's a longer drive from Orange, Texas to El Paso, Texas than it is from Portland, Maine to Raleigh, NC

For the Europeans, it's a longer drive across Texas than it is from London to Prague.
Just finished driving back to St. Louis from Port Mansfield TX. It’s hard to believe that you can drive 75 mph for 9 hours and still be in the same state! The ducks were flying better than expected on the Laguna Madre. Over 80 degrees a couple of days! Love me some Texas!
 
Just finished driving back to St. Louis from Port Mansfield TX. It’s hard to believe that you can drive 75 mph for 9 hours and still be in the same state! The ducks were flying better than expected on the Laguna Madre. Over 80 degrees a couple of days! Love me some Texas!
There is a lot of it to love for sure.
 
Spotlighting rabbits in west Tx, my friend got out to nail a bunny but the eyes didn't look the right color....it moved just as he shot and he peppered a badger in the heinie. He thought he missed and turned to look for another rabbit, while the badger bore down on him looking like a big furry inch worm on steroids. I'm ashamed to say I started laughing at him so hard I couldn't even shout to warn him. Just at it was about to gnaw off his shoelaces he shot at the other rabbit (missed it too) and the badger disappeared.
That's also about the time my wife started calling us "dumb and dumber"
 
Just finished driving back to St. Louis from Port Mansfield TX. It’s hard to believe that you can drive 75 mph for 9 hours and still be in the same state! The ducks were flying better than expected on the Laguna Madre. Over 80 degrees a couple of days! Love me some Texas!

Americans amaze us Australians
That is thinking Texas is big
My state is 2.5 times the size
 
Americans amaze us Australians
That is thinking Texas is big
My state is 2.5 times the size

Take a trip to Alaska.
 
Americans amaze us Australians
That is thinking Texas is big
My state is 2.5 times the size
Do you know how to make a Texan mad?















You cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state.
 
Do you know how to make a Texan mad?















You cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state.

Spend a little time in Alaska and you hear all the Texas jokes. The oil workers wore out their welcome in ‘76 when the pipeline construction was winding down. It led to a lot of somewhat pointed jokes. The refinery I led had a rifle and trap range onsite. The trailer at the range was actually the whorehouse during construction. It was the Wild West all over again!
 
I still don't know how I didn't end up in Alaska during the 70's, at the time I was doing electrical work in the oil and gas fields of Utah and Wyoming
 
Just finished driving back to St. Louis from Port Mansfield TX. It’s hard to believe that you can drive 75 mph for 9 hours and still be in the same state! The ducks were flying better than expected on the Laguna Madre. Over 80 degrees a couple of days! Love me some Texas!
It's at least 12 drive time for me to reach the capital city of my state.
That's following a highway I'm not in the sticks just the far west.
Some city people can't comprehend the geography and distance. They think we are just outside Sydney. Like but on the other side of the Blue Mountains and some.
The Great Dividing Dividing range parts of the majority of the state and the minority of the people.
My local area is on the world stage with movies like Mad Max and others being made here . BHP Australia was founded here but city people still think it's the sticks.
New South Wales gets abbreviated to NSW.

Mmm,

N ewcastle
S ydney
W ollongong

Bob's, in Newcastle, he doesn't give a stuff about us either.
 
Just finished driving back to St. Louis from Port Mansfield TX. It’s hard to believe that you can drive 75 mph for 9 hours and still be in the same state! The ducks were flying better than expected on the Laguna Madre. Over 80 degrees a couple of days! Love me some Texas!
It was a several day journey to our location, the first stop was a BBQ place in Tyler Texas, “texas best smoke house” Doug and I each had the Dino rib, good food but was in a gas station. Good impala hunting Africa would return the same results as good BBQ in Texas, too much information.
 
307186203_384771667021602_408777799867114399_n.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,216
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top