Omicron Variant Travel Restrictions and Dallas Safari Club Convention in January

mbales

Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI Life Member, DSC, Ducks Unlimited, NRA Life member
Hunted
Missouri, Kansas, Idaho, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Louisiana, Canada
Has anyone heard how the travel restrictions might impact the Dallas Safari Club 2022 convention? Being just about a month out I had been planning to go, but haven't heard much as to how many outfitters may/may not be able to attend.

Has anyone heard anything about it?

At this point DSC is happening. Here is an email they sent out to exhibitors.

Dear Exhibitor Partners,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of and following the recent travel restrictions made by the US and Europe. We are investigating to be sure that we fully understand all details of the restriction and if any alternatives exist.

In the meantime, we want to assure you that if you are not able to make the 2022 Convention due to these travel restrictions, your booth will be available to you in 2023. Your booth payment can either be returned to you or rolled to 2023, whichever you prefer. Also, we have been made aware of some trying to sublet their booth this year, and we wanted to remind everyone that is not allowed. Again, your booth will be held for you next year if you are not able to attend this year.

An option to consider if you are not able to attend, is to have an agent, representative, friend, past client, etc. set up and run your booth. They can have you available via WhatsApp or Zoom with any questions or client interactions.

We are closely monitoring this situation and are praying that common sense prevails with the US and European Administrations and that this ban is soon lifted.

We will be following up with additional details in the near future. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you and God bless.

At this point DSC is happening. Here is an email they sent out to exhibitors.
This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you!

Got an email from my outfitter in Limpopo. He is asking clients to help lobby US to lift travel ban on South Africans. They cant survive another year without US hunters.

Not sure how many African exhibitors will be there. CMS is saying they are not going and will not have a booth using representatives. The price that the convention center charges for internet, is extremely over priced and would not be economical for using Zoom.

I’ve offered to help staff a booth should my Ph not be able to go. I wonder how the attendee numbers will be if so many outfitters don’t attend.

Just sent my PH an email offering to help. I'm not sure who exactly I could lobby at to help ease restrictions but I'd be happy to do that too if it would help the industry.

Not sure how many African exhibitors will be there. CMS is saying they are not going and will not have a booth using representatives. The price that the convention center charges for internet, is extremely over priced and would not be economical for using Zoom.

To be honest most of the CMS season for 2022 is booked already. I was lucky to have the August 1-14 slot at Nyakasanga unless I wanted to share a camp. They had to hire an extra PH for a month or two in 2021 which also did not have a convention.

Now, CMS is in Zimbabwe and have a solid reputation, so finding clients is not as much of an issue especially with a core of existing clients that seem to hunt every year. In RSA there is a lot more competition and those guys really need the volume of sales to exist due to hunts being much less expensive compared to DG hunts in Zimbabwe.

The convention is a go. My PH is booked for the entire 2022 season and wasn't going to the show to begin with

Flights, hotel and car rental booked. We are looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LJZBrenda

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you