Oklahoma Whitetail Hunting

Congrats on a nice buck.

I’m just south of you in North Texas. I visit OK to go fly fishing and the wildlife dept does an excellent job managing that land.

This buck was off of my family's ranch in Southwestern Oklahoma. Duncan area. Just East of Lawton, Ok.
First time I went deer hunting in OK was in Velma. Not much to write home about, that was back in 97. Deer were few and far between. Happy to see the numbers coming up.

Congratulations on a NICE buck!

This buck was off of my family's ranch in Southwestern Oklahoma. Duncan area. Just East of Lawton, Ok.
I'm very familiar with that area! We would always to to the Black Kettle WMA in Central western Oklahoma. Let me know if you ever venture into Arizona! We have great hunting out here!

First time I went deer hunting in OK was in Velma. Not much to write home about, that was back in 97. Deer were few and far between. Happy to see the numbers coming up.

Congratulations on a NICE buck!
The home of Joe Diffie! The sign says so anyway. Deer are THICK here now

Outstanding deer! Congratulations

In Oklahoma the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife receives no state appropriation or general tax revenue. Funded by hunting/fishing license sales and federal grants primarily.
Just to elaborate on this statement because it speaks volumes to the overall success of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and the concept of “Sustainable Conservation”. The federal grants you speak of come from the Wildlife Restoration Act of 1937 (Pitman/Robertson Act). This is an extra tax on ammunition, firearms, and other fishing and hunting equipment. This act can fund up to 75% of a state’s wildlife management program. Distribution of this money to each state is based on the number of hunting and fishing licenses sold in the state. As a hunter, make sure to explain to your friends that “just shoot” that they need to buy a hunting license, cheapest one available, in order to get this money back into your state. Those shooter friends spend a large amount of money on ammunition and contribute greatly the Wildlife Restoration Act and they don’t know they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross