October caddis, mahoganies, bwo's, and a blizzard...

firehuntfish

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Myself and a fly fishing buddy just got back from our October trout mission, and had to deal with some unsettled and unexpected conditions for the first week of October in Montana. Our trip was supposed to be 6 days, unfortunately cut short to 4 days due to being bracketed by back to back blizzards....You gotta love global warming...LOL...

We did manage 4 days of decent fishing on dry flies, where the daily high never exceeded 50 degrees. The lower than normal temps had the fish a bit off and with the sun in and out, it had the hatches all screwed up. Here are a few of the better one that did cooperate.

IMG_4004.JPG
IMG_3952 (1).jpg
IMG_3960.jpg
IMG_3998.jpg
IMG_3969.jpg
IMG_3955.jpg
IMG_3950.jpg

A "snow bow"
IMG_3994.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Fun trip I’m certain! Envy! Envy!

I like the text in your reel. I dont have money to afford any english quality guns, but in fly fishing side I own couple of Bruce & Walker rods. Just order new B&W Norway Speycaster. Totally handmade in England

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,