Not my fault, I was left unsupervized!

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by jduckhunter, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Shawn.54

Shawn.54 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    My wife really appreciated the time I rendered about 10 pounds of bear fat on our kitchen stove said it wasn’t to messy but to her it did not smell good. I couldn’t tell after first couple pounds in a giant cast iron skillet I went nose blind.
    Shawn

2. Shawn.54

Shawn.54 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    I always figure it’s easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Works for me.
    Shawn

3. jduckhunter

jduckhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
    That train of thought has been working for me for years. This time I might not have to worry about either approach. I hope!

gizmo likes this.

4. RogerHeintzman

RogerHeintzman AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia
    Sounds too good to be true. You get a little wired with all that Mountain Dew in the background?

5. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED,SCI
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
    Lmao. That’s awesome. My wife tried to tell me something similar when we first got married, my response was to the effect of “your just gunna hafta get glad in the same pants you got mad in”. She stayed mad for the first few years. We’ve been married over 19 years now and she doesn’t even bat an eyelash now. Key is to get them trained up from the get go.

PLM likes this.

6. jduckhunter

jduckhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
    No I don't do the Dew, all that soda is for a soda machine that I take care of at my old shop. Just one more way I can make a few extra bucks to keep me in bullets and keep me hunting.

gizmo likes this.

7. gizmo

gizmo AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2015 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, DSC Life Member, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED,SCI
    Hunted:
    Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
  8. jduckhunter

jduckhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Hunted:
    I guess I have to talk to the boy a little bit more, maybe tell him not to make the same mistakes that I made.

gizmo likes this.

9. Shawn.54

Shawn.54 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Head down and drive forward as long as no one on here decides to use the pics against you.
    Shawn

10. BeeMaa

BeeMaa AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, SCI
    Hunted:
    Eastern US
    This is awesome, I love this thread.
    The next time I decide to use the kitchen table for a butcher block, I can just remind her that at least I'm not boiling heads in the kitchen.
    Truth...she probably wouldn't have a problem with me boiling a head in the kitchen, as long as it was her deer.

PLM and gizmo like this.

11. Dr Ray

Dr Ray AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Keep your mind on the reloading in case you double charge

12. bruce moulds

bruce moulds AH Veteran

after i had a fire on the cooktop, i have been banned from making black powder lube in the house.
    evolution has created a lube that works better than you can buy, and works in a broad temperature range, but it is in the shed where the magic spells are woven.
    bruce.

Shawn.54 and JimP like this.

13. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)

On that note it is good that I am single.

I have cooked up a few thing on the stove top that it took a couple of weeks to get the smell out of the house. Since then I have learned to try to do these type of things outside on my propane camp stove were the neighbors can wonder what kind of repellent I am brewing up.

However every now and then I will still get the old brew pot out and head to the kitchen to cook something up that shouldn't be cooked inside. And then for the next couple of weeks I pay for it with the windows open and the fans a blowing.

Shawn.54 likes this.

14. Shawn.54

Shawn.54 AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    I have tried making my own patch lube with varying results and in the end have chosen Trappers pure mink oil from Track of the Wolf.
    It works great doesn’t freeze cleans up easy and I get 15-20 shots between cleaning the bore and it works great to prevent rust on the rifle. Shawn