North fork bullets

John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Has anyone ordered from them this week or recently? Looks like my order timed out and dropped off on my bank account and or they didnt process the order. I ordered 375 cal, 350 gr soft nose and a sample pack of solids. I emailed them tonight but if no response thinking of going with standard offerings, A frame, TBBC, 350 gr HD Woodleigh if I can find them. Has anyone used 375, 275 gr Cutting edge on cape buffalo? The 223 gr shank after the petals let loose doesn't leave me with a warm feeling. Thanks, John

I ordered some .410 solids and .458 softs this week.

I received a confirmation email the next day.

My limited experience with NF is they are not MidwayUSA when it comes to shipping! lol

Only thing they sent was an order recielieved email. This must have been busy week Midway USA even took a while to charge and ship. Placed orders one after the other.

I've placed a few orders with North Fork. Generally when they've had sales and not over Christmas break. The orders were processed and shipped such that I received them within 10 days of the date I placed the orders. I'm not sure what would have been the hang-up with your order unless they are swamped with staff off for the holidays.

Full disclosure I am a big fan of NF bullet's, used them on my first 2 safari's and they performed very well on everything from Klipspringer to Giraffe, including 2 large bodied Cape Buffalo and one very large Eland. I have only ordered from them twice and once was over the phone, found them to very helpful with load suggestion and shipping. Give them a call and see what happened to your order, the interweb can be a bitch sometime's, maybe the system is fubar'ed for the weekend. One thing is for sure after you get the goods and do some reloading, testing, and take them to the field you will be happy no doubt.

Only thing they sent was an order recielieved email. This must have been busy week Midway USA even took a while to charge and ship. Placed orders one after the other.

Couldn't tell you now how many orders of North Forks I've placed. Small company and sometimes communication isn't what it would be with a large company. Reply back to your confirmation email with details of what happened. They should be it straightened out quickly. Calling them too is not a bad idea either.

The responded to my email yesterday. The order is short one product. That's the hold up but I would have liked to know that. Everything showed in stock. I told them I would take what they had and to let me know when the rest is ready. Waitimg on a response now. Glad to hear people having good luck and communication with them. I ordered 375 cal 350 gr soft and 350 gr solids. They were out of cup point solids I'd like to try them too.

The responded to my email yesterday. The order is short one product. That's the hold up but I would have liked to know that. Everything showed in stock. I told them I would take what they had and to let me know when the rest is ready. Waitimg on a response now. Glad to hear people having good luck and communication with them. I ordered 375 cal 350 gr soft and 350 gr solids. They were out of cup point solids I'd like to try them too.

Yes, that's happened to me, a bit frustrating for sure when it appears to be in stock and it's not. This seems to happen in the less common bullet weights in any given caliber. I've not worked with the cup point solids, but they're supposed to be devastating.

Right now I'm treating my 375 H&H like my primary rifle till my 500 gets back from the smith and I'm comfortable with feed and function. I wanted the heavy for cal and hippo is one of the animals I'd like to go after besides cape buffalo, so I wanted some solids just to have. Otherwise I have a whole lot of 300 gr A frames I have been pulling from 375 RUM to make the 500 MDM brass. 355 cases and counting, dont know how long the 375 RUM will be around.

Right now I'm treating my 375 H&H like my primary rifle till my 500 gets back from the smith and I'm comfortable with feed and function. I wanted the heavy for cal and hippo is one of the animals I'd like to go after besides cape buffalo, so I wanted some solids just to have. Otherwise I have a whole lot of 300 gr A frames I have been pulling from 375 RUM to make the 500 MDM brass. 355 cases and counting, dont know how long the 375 RUM will be around.

Wise man.

I have been pulling from 375 RUM to make the 500 MDM brass. 355 cases and counting, dont know how long the 375 RUM will be around.

To make 375RUMs which had become hard to find, I got some 404 Jefferys, (the books said the RUM was made from the Jeffery case). After I broke the extractor on the M70 and had several forming failures, I gave up and got a 404 Jeffery rifle. Not too long after that, a store was closing out their 375RUM ammo, so I bought what he had. So I guess it all worked out.

I’ve ordered maybe three times. The last time the box came in destroyed! The 350 gr 375s were missing. I took a picture and emailed it to them with an explanation of the issue. They got back in a couple of days and the 350s were already shipped!
Like Phoenix Phil said, they are a small, but I think a first quality company with an excellent product.

Came home from work today and my bullets arrived!

Very secure and well packed in foam peanuts.

From order, to receipt - 5 days!

So much for my "not exactly MidwayUSA" wisecrack!

Good job NF crew!

Anyone have any updates on the North Fork bullet company. Know they were bought by a Scandinavian company, Sweden I think, but are they ever going to get back in production?
Thanks

MIA since their rep was on here promising updates, production and supply over a year ago. He was also at the shows selling the same line of promises in one hand or BS in the other.

Since Sweden didn't shut down like the rest of the world, many thought there was hope. But right now ehh, who knows??

Reloading International might have latest info since they have or had some connection to the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg