Norma TIPSTRIKE™

I can not speak for tipstrike , but I have used with fine results the Norma Oryx in 180 grain and 165 grain 30 06 on African PG. I have chronographed them , and they are true to speed....180,,,2725 average and the 165....2940 thru 2980. The only factory ammo that has been true to advertised velocity.....Remington and Winchester normally is 50 FPS lower than advertised....I read and have for 50 years and I find that a chrony is very valuable if you are working on long range shooting

zorg,
you make suppositions.
bruce.
bruce,

Do you perceve you to have a monopoly on that?

Clarify.

zorg,
we come et this from different directions.
having chrono'd many factory rounds over the years, the difference between fact and fiction has become obvious.
also, getting speeds from reloads is interesting.
bruce.

I still haven't found any posts with chronograph data you ever obtained with any Norma factory ammunition - any cartridge, any projectile offered in combination as loaded ammunition by Norma.

Last edited:
What is the general consensus on the Norma Tipstrike for plains game? I found a deal on it in .280 Rem which will work just fine in my .280AI. If not appropriate, it will still make good practice ammo and the brass will be fire-formed to .280AI for reloading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross