Fastrig

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
CA, TX, MT, CO, NV, AK, NE, SD, FL
Been using Norma's excellent online ballistic calculator for the last year or so. Went in today only to find its been removed from their website. Big bummer as that was one of the best little ballistic calculators I could find.

Norma, please put it back online!!!

Sako ballistic calculator disappeared recently as well. JBM works great for desktop but I've been using the Lapua app mostly since that goes with me to shooting range

I do not know the Norma app or your requirements, but the Hornady on line app has been useful to me.

I do not know the Norma app or your requirements, but the Hornady on line app has been useful to me.

I’ll check out the Hornady site. Don’t have a criteria really, but the Norma online calculator was pretty sweet. You could pick any of their ammo from a list, multiple rounds, each would be color coded and display a graphical trajectory based on a number of slider inputs like zero range, wind, etc. You could also add in non-Norma rounds and they would get the same treatment. Last time I used it, I was comparing the 285 grain Oryx 9.3x62 and the 230 grain Ecco 9.3x62 to see where I would need to zero my Mauser so that each round would stay within an inch of each other at 50, 100, 150, and 200. Super easy with their app....took all of a minute to add both rounds and just slide the levers till I got the zero mark with the drops I was after....turned out to be 150 yards was the point that worked best.

Berger and Federal have desktop versions. There's a free version of Strelok for phones.

@Norma-USA os a sponsor here. Perhaps they will comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noafrica4me

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you