No1 In 500 Nitro Express With Reloading Equipment

I'm going to just say $3500

I can kick myself for selling my No. 1 in .375 H&H a while back. For the condition this “Baby” is in I would pay the $3500 without hesitation! Location, location, location... Hope it goes to someone who really has an appreciation for thee instrument of the Rifle Connoisseur.

As do i in most situations, but this money would go to purchasing land for my family and to pass along to my son. Things i didnt and wont have from my parents. I'm still rather young myself, as far as looking at things that way, but i want to set myself and my family up for success early or to recover should something happen

Papabear; I have been in your position and have sold many fine guns in the name of being a responsible husband and father. My advice to you is: keep the rifle.

Papabear; I have been in your position and have sold many fine guns in the name of being a responsible husband and father. My advice to you is: keep the rifle.
Why do you say that? Just curious. Baling hay if i don't reply

You appear to be a man with the best of intentions. But you obviously hate to part with your rifle; and, believe it or not, $3500 is a pittance you will regret parting with it for. I won’t go any further with it, except to say it never pays to part with a beloved gun. Sell something else.

@Papabear55 I am in similar boat with baby on the way. I am holding onto .458 Lott for dear life. Plan to use kid in sling on front for added mass for recoil reduction...kidding. Not giving up the rifle. Nope!³ It will never come back. The new home will fall in love with it. $3500 is not a decisive sum that is otherwise unobtainable.

Besides, what exactly is going to happen to you if you have that .500 to keep you company? Nothing bad. Animals will be at bay and men will be green with envy.

Last edited:
Is this the same Rifle listed on Armslist (December 2019) for 1650.00?

A long-term fantasy of mine, especially with those (NECG?) sights on it; might have to go rob a bank, methinks ...

A long-term fantasy of mine, to go rob a bank,.

Cost Benefit review shows some downside as well as the long term - short term results-

MUCH better to do something such as GO INTO POLITICS - that's where the real money is made.

I applaud your intentions but as others have said, I have rarely needed or used the money I got from selling guns. It always sounds noble but in most instances, it isn’t enough to really make a difference. However, everyone’s situation is different and you do what you have to do. They can always be replaced when things turn around. Good luck.

I wanted this done through Gary Reeder years ago. .. Apparently SSK keeps their No.1 conversions as close to original appearance as possible ?!?

I wanted this done through Gary Reeder years ago. .. Apparently SSK keeps their No.1 conversions as close to original appearance as possible ?!?
My concern with Ruger No 1 builds in heavy calibers is with the stock design; they need a "straighter" toe-heel line; less drop. I've played with a few, and I reckon they need the above, as well as length of pull to match your physique, so a custom stock is called for (with attendant costs involved). This way you get "your" rifle, and you'll never let it go ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross