No more Yeti's for me

Brad, if you had access to the discounts referenced, did you get some type of communication stating you would no longer be receiving that discount? (For once, I am not being a smart ass. Just trying to see if YETI really did send anything out to the customers). I guess if that really is the case, then the NRA owes them an apology for showing their ass....but it seems odd that the NRA would make such a bold statement knowing that Yeti could just provide a copy of some communication and make them look dumb??

Actually I checked today..... one of mine is still 30% off with free shipping, the other that was a greater discount though non profit Im still awaiting that intel. As I’m not direct point of contact.

Just received the same “corporate” response as posted.
e're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

First, must be getting lots of hate mail to develop a word for word reply to emails sent. Secondly, not sure I fully understand their response as it is clouded in marketing speak-eese that can be interpreted many ways. Further, can not find an official PR release to address the obvious amount of smoke this is causing. Not saying, I’m just saying.

I hear what you’re saying Brad... but.. what are the facts?

We have the legal and legislative division of the NRA saying one thing.. what they are saying was very likely vetted by an entire team of lawyers before it was formally communicated on the legal page of their website..

And we have Yeti saying something completely different..

The two stories aren’t even remotely close... so I seriously doubt this is a simple case of miscommunication..

Someone is pretty obviously lying..

So, who is it?

What does the NRA gain by starting the discussion with an outright fabrication that exposes them to some pretty heavy liability if their lie damages Yeti’s business (as I am guessing it has done)?

Vs... what does Yeti gain by lying to cover up what would appear to be a pretty serious bad business decision?

My guess is if the NRA-ILA is lying, we will know soon enough... The Yeti executive team should already be engaging legal counsel with the intent of putting a serious hurting on the NRA for making such slanderous statements...

My suspicion is we will never see that lawsuit filed however, nor will we ever see any actual evidence that Yeti is telling the truth..

If I’m wrong in this, I will gladly go buy 2 of their biggest coolers immediately, cancel my NRA membership, and send a personal note to the CEO of Yeti offering my condolences..

I’m thinking neither my wallet nor my fountain pen need to be all that worried at this point though...

Actually I checked today..... one of mine is still 30% off with free shipping, the other that was a greater discount though non profit Im still awaiting that intel. As I’m not direct point of contact.
Appreciate it Brad, hope you will let us all know if you hear anything else

Well.... all I know is all I know..... if you do want a yeti in meantime, I can try & get you discount.... while/if it last!!!

Btw.... the discount for the non profit is not for me/friends.... that is exclusive through our fund raising efforts. Just to disclose.... those are about 40%.... on select merchandise.

I got the yeti reply and all I see is a damage control and really say nothing response. They did use the term outdated program. I am not sure if that means they feel the NRA is an outdated program or not. The fact is that a bunch of libtards have taken over the company ---from what I understand---and that would explain their anti-NRA, anti-sportsman position that they are trying to put a smokescreen on now.

Still the RTIC is better and less money

I vote trying to save face. Nowhere in their response do they refute what the NRA said, or that they will continue to support the NRA and/or Friends of the NRA. Instead, they say we support the 2A and the Constitution, that's a big difference.

Last edited:
I vote trying to save face. Nowhere in their response do they refute what the NRA said, or that they will continue to support the NRA and/or Friends on the NRA. Instead, they say we support the 2A and the Constitution, that's a big difference.
I am tracking with you. Really need to parse this thing. Was written long after the horses fled the barn.

FB_IMG_1524536668026.jpg

I will wait and see what they say. I be it will be something along the line of “ that’s not what we said”

I congratulate those posting on this thread. You helped Yeti turn around and demonstrated the power of hunters united. Now would someone please post a Yeti shot placement guide?.............FWB

Just received the same “corporate” response as posted.
e're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

First, must be getting lots of hate mail to develop a word for word reply to emails sent. Secondly, not sure I fully understand their response as it is clouded in marketing speak-eese that can be interpreted many ways. Further, can not find an official PR release to address the obvious amount of smoke this is causing. Not saying, I’m just saying.
It would be interesting to see a list of the other organizations that were included in the elimination of their discount program

What they don't realize is that all the back peddling (lying) is revealing and just makes them appear more stupid. Look at it from the opposite direction- what action set all this in motion? If they hadn't withdrawn the support for the NRA, in whatever form it was, none of this would have happened. They simply thought they were riding the wave, kind of a media feeding frenzy, along with all the others. They can't have it both ways, but I guess in our current society so many of their type think they can.

Never have bought a Yeti product and never will. They've had that "Eddy Bauer" or "REI" smell to them since the beginning.

Last edited:
I vote trying to save face. Nowhere in their response do they refute what the NRA said, or that they will continue to support the NRA and/or Friends of the NRA. Instead, they say we support the 2A and the Constitution, that's a big difference.

Obama, Bloomberg, et al, supported the 2A and the Constitution as well, just with "common sense" restrictions. I will wait and see, but, like Dave said, it's hard to imagine the NRA would put out a non-thoroughly vetted statement.

If Yeti had wrote or called the NRA and said they were eliminating a discount program and changing to another nothing would have been said!
Yeti was sold, it’s not a couple of guys from Austin anymore!
I own a few Yeti items, they work well and I’ll keep them but I just stuck a big NRA Benafactor Like sticker over the Yeti label!
I have an ARTIC it’s just as good. Cabela’s sells an equivalent product; by by Yeti!

625D8049-102E-49BB-A873-ECDA12FAA47F.jpeg

“Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation.”

If the communication from Yeti was simply “hey our discount programs are changing, expect different terms and pricing structure” it would have been a non-issue. That’s business as usual.
“Refused to say why” is pretty telling all by itself. Why would NRA choose those four words if they hadn’t gone back to Yeti and pressed them for a response?
Looks like the response was simply “They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation.”

Whether Yeti wants to acknowledge it or not, they are being identified with the corporations who have actively and publicly cut ties with the NRA......

http://fortune.com/2018/04/23/yeti-coolers-cuts-ties-with-nra-boycott-complete-list/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rking-cries-boycott-cooler-company/541986002/

Now I am willing to take at face value Yeti's explanation if it makes sense, but as others have pointed out, if it was simply doing away with an "outdated" program in order to offer a more up-to-date discount program with different pricing structures as Yeti maintains, why would the NRA take the legal heat and risk a massive lawsuit from Yeti to put out an inaccurate statement before fully reviewing the statement's facts with their team of attorneys? Plus, the backlash amongst it's supporters for using "fake news" to drum up support would be potentially devastating to the NRA's cause......

Certainly mistakes have been made in the past, but I'm not sure I buy Yeti's assertion that they let the NRA know exactly what was going on. My guess is that the current executives at Yeti are tone-deaf, and don't understand their base anymore. They wanted to latch onto the boycott movement that is taking place, and didn't think it through fully. Now, they're scrambling to explain it with "corporate speak" to try and do damage control. If they were smart, they would release the list of corporations they notified, and the details of the communications they had with the NRA. That could help put this to bed and stop the bleeding on Yeti's behalf. I suspect Yeti realized it would take some heat, but in typical fashion, after a few months when this has died down, most people would forget about it, and go back to buying Yeti products. Maybe they didn't realize the backlash would be so severe. Kind of like Target with it's uni-sex bathrooms. If this turns out to be not true, and the NRA either intentionally, or mistakenly, put out false information then I will admit my mistake and write an apology to Yeti, as well as let the NRA know I'm not very happy with what has happened. Something tells me that I probably won't have to do that....

In a rebuttal by the NRA's Hammer to a very left-leaning newspaper (The Washington Post), she made this statement, “After three days Yeti issued a statement claiming they didn’t really drop the NRA Foundation,” she said. “They claim they simply eliminated the entire program affecting NRA Foundation and other unnamed organizations. Isn’t that like eliminating a job position so you can get rid of an employee?”

She added that “Yeti decided the NRA Foundation can’t place any more orders and in fact they forced us to cancel orders they would not fill.”

I think this about sums it up.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...its-all-a-big-mistake/?utm_term=.7d7f8e03996c

I think I can also guarantee you this didn't originate with anyone at "Yeti" per se. I am quite certain the culprit is some genius associated with the New York- based Cortec group. It is a private equity firm, and none of its other major companies look like an outdoor brand. No doubt some marketing genius looked out his or her 45th Street New York office and thought it would be a good idea not to have any product set associated with the gun and NRA drama. He or she is not having a good week, and it is only Tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross