No more Yeti's for me

I am sorry but there's absolutely no meat in the words you have posted at the close, none. Consider who drafted the Second Amendment (what body), the specific language used, and the time in which it was created and the conclusion is straightforward. I am speaking of being objective here, not of crafting a case to support a preferred viewpoint (it does none of us any good to twist truth to make a point).

Do you foresee any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights no longer being relevant due to who drafted them, specific language used, or the time in which they were created?

I wouldn't say you keep your eggs fresh in a Yeti cooler right now though.... :cautious:

Did Yeti have all their eggs in one basket?:oops::D

Hopefully, something bigger than discounts on coolers. I for one think it is all blown out of proportion..... not saying that we all are not passionate, otherwise, we wouldn’t be here. I’m just saying, big picture, this is nothing more than fodder for the media. Do you a actually think the NRA is going to suffer for 1 minute not having yeti discounts? No, there are a dozen knock off brands waiting to be their vendor. Believe it our not, we/they are on the same side..... we may have different CEOs, marketing departments, etc..... however, We have a common enemy. Before you start cutting off your nose despite your face, be careful.

Last edited:
Hopefully, something bigger than discounts on coolers. I for one think it is all blown out of proportion..... not saying that we all are not passionate, otherwise, we wouldn’t be here. I’m just saying, big picture, this is nothing more than fodder for the media. Do you a actually think the NRA is going to suffer for 1 minute not having yeti discounts? No, there are a dozen knock off brands waiting to be their vendor. Believe it our not, we/they are on the same side..... we may have different CEOs, marketing departments, etc..... however, We have a common enemy. Before you start cutting off your nose despite your face, be careful.

Brad,

You may be right, this may be blown out of proportion. If however; the below quote from the Breitbart article I linked is true then they have earned everything they are about to get.

And so far it seems like Yeti is the one playing loose with the facts here and trying to play politics when they shouldn't have.

"YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing “recent events” as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material."

Yep, some organizations, companies, etc are at the mercy of executives, shareholders, stockholders, etc..... maybe small mom & pops in garage are not. But a far vast majority are. That being said.... it’s east to cast judgement when your nuts aren’t on the griddle. All of these, knock offs.... where were they, where are they.... he’ll they aren’t even at the table to say what they would or would not do. As for me.... Im not going to piss on a yeti owner, nor am I going to cuss a NRA member. I’m both. However, I’m not going to shit where I eat. We can’t be all things to everyone at all times..... sometimes, situations cause of to part ways...... we can’t look deep into that. Otherwise, we’d all be crying over our first break up, job loss, argument, etc.
both organizations are committed to “our” common thread..... maybe that can be enough. Even if they don’t.

OFF Topic

Do you foresee any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights no longer being relevant due to who drafted them, specific language used, or the time in which they were created?

There is a move afoot to amend the Bill of Rights to remove "No soldier shall, in time of peace, be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law as its no longer need:. The real intent however, if you can remove one then you can remove another. And guess which one.

Back to Topic

No more YETI.

@BWH I think before Yeti changed owners I would agree with you completely. The fact that they want nothing to do with the NRA, issue a wash down statement regarding their support for the second amendment, makes me think they want our money but don't actually believe/support the cause.

As many have pointed out many Democrats and some Republicans have said they support the second amendment but there needs to be common sense reform. This usually means new laws that infringe on our freedoms.

Think of it this way, I support animal rights we just need common sense wildlife management...I doubt PETA is going to welcome me with open arms.

Well.... they changed owners about 5 years ago.... so, this wasn’t done overnight.

Yeah little brother... I hear you. I encourage you google anti hunting organizations, groups, etc..... if you cut them off.

You will not have an airline, bank, Church, gas station, etc....

That’s why I don’t put too much weight on this nonsense.

Ride on my man. All good.

Yeah especially with airlines...to boycott all of them we would all need to build our own planes.

that’s why I say we shouldn’t die on this hill..... way bigger fish to fry. Big picture.... this is a non event.

that’s why I say we shouldn’t die on this hill..... way bigger fish to fry. Big picture.... this is a non event.

I will have a tough time making my living without the airlines.

I can easily live without Yeti.

No dying on that hill!

Right on man... we all got our price.

Right on man... we all got our price.

Yup. Everything in life has a price.

Only a fool doesn't count the cost before diving in.

Crazy times! Take a look at the Pelican, almost half the price and better built.

Crazy times! Take a look at the Pelican, almost half the price and better built.

I agree and Pelican makes gun cases. I don’t recall ever seeing a Yeti Gun case? The positive I see in all of this is, a company is finally paying an economic price for taking an anti NRA stance. My hope is other corporate executives will see this and think twice before doing the same. I and my family own many Yeti products. We will not be buying another.

Good point about Pelican also making gun cases. No question about where they stand on gun issues and supporting sportsmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you