Newbie from Nebraska

Long time reader, finally decided to join. I uses this forum a bunch in researching one of my favorite rifles, and see you guys have a few threads dedicated to it. For whatever reason, I always wanted a Ruger No 1. In researching, I decided I'd try to get in the most stout chambering offered from the factory so my search for a 458 Lott began. While researching the Lott and such, most of the results came from this forum. Anywho, while I hunted I came across a box of 19rds of 458 Lott at a gun show for about half price. Seller said he shot it once and said never again. I had that ammo for 2 years before finding the right rifle. In the meantime, I was pretty intimidated from hearing how unbearable it is to shoot, so was honestly pretty nervous to squeeze that trigger. It's stout for sure, but not nearly what I was expecting...and I fell in love. Been researching a 460 Weatherby so will probably create a thread for that quest, but there's my story and how I found yall!


View attachment 584301
Welcome to AH. You got a great rifle there!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,352
Messages
1,573,844
Members
169,860
Latest member
KelleMcGaw
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top