New/used vehicle prices

• Thread starter Deleted member 40394
  • Start date
Pickups are showing more insanity in prices than passenger vehicles...but....the demand is going to go up there dramatically as more of the LOW TENSION PISTON RINGS begin to be MASSIVE oil burners. And not just Toyota, but Acura and a whole bunch of others who bought into the "you can lower emissions to meet new vehicle standards" by using low tension rings. (and what of emissions when they start burning a qt. of oil every 1000 miles--or worse! Toyota says there is not a problem if they go 1200 miles before needing a quart!) People are going to dump them, or rebuild them. Guess what--toyota dealerships don't even DO overhauls anymore--they will install a crate engine. If you have a problem with the new balancing rod adjustment, they don't know how to fix that either.
So, when the poor folks who can't afford a new vehicle get stuck with high priced clunkers--after all, "Toyotas last forever" so we don't have to lower prices, the screams are going to go up. Will the greenies who suggested the low tension rings come to the rescue? Don't make me lol
Things will adjust somehow--in the meantime, better not extend those oil change intervals, even with synthetic or you WILL have an oil burner on your hands.
Prices, to be fair, should go down on those oil-burners, but what have you got for the price, even then?
It's no longer as easy to drive the old ones into the ground in order to save more money for hunting.

Is this excessive oil consumption in Toyota's something you're predicting will happen or is happening? Curious as I've been looking at them recently.

Is this excessive oil consumption in Toyota's something you're predicting will happen or is happening? Curious as I've been looking at them recently.
Anything from 2008 forward!!! Daughters 2008 Acura burned a ton, our Toyota Venza burned a ton. Tens of thousands of Toyota owners complained, you can read endless blogs. Toyota fixed SOME of them but not the vast majority. 4cyl Ravs, etc were worst. Toyota probably lied to many about their consumption test results, but hard to prove. A good many cars burned their motors as no one dreamed they would run out of oil. I have long been a loyal customer, but caveat emptor is the motto now for sure. Better get any used vehicle thoroughly checked.

Anything from 2008 forward!!! Daughters 2008 Acura burned a ton, our Toyota Venza burned a ton. Tens of thousands of Toyota owners complained, you can read endless blogs. Toyota fixed SOME of them but not the vast majority. 4cyl Ravs, etc were worst. Toyota probably lied to many about their consumption test results, but hard to prove. A good many cars burned their motors as no one dreamed they would run out of oil. I have long been a loyal customer, but caveat emptor is the motto now for sure. Better get any used vehicle thoroughly checked.
Shoulda bought an Infinity/Nissan! LOL Our FX35 was bulletproof!

I am very curious to see how the upcoming influx of electric vehicles changes the car market. I think we will see quite a shakeup in standard car prices as more and more people go electric.
How long until we get a good electric truck that can tow? I am tempted to get a Rivian electric truck with 800 hp, but I don’t want to the the first to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
My diesel Jaguar will stay in the family for a lot longer than I expected. At 60k miles, I have a long way to go with that vehicle. Maybe long enough until a good electric truck comes along. Find me an electric truck with 400+ mile range that can tow a small tractor or a 3 horse trailer and I’d be interested. I bet we will see that in 2024.

I know that toyota and a few other makes had issues but haven't heard anything anout new or newer Toyota's or Nissan's.

I am very curious to see how the upcoming influx of electric vehicles changes the car market. I think we will see quite a shakeup in standard car prices as more and more people go electric.
How long until we get a good electric truck that can tow? I am tempted to get a Rivian electric truck with 800 hp, but I don’t want to the the first to figure out what works and what doesn’t.
My diesel Jaguar will stay in the family for a lot longer than I expected. At 60k miles, I have a long way to go with that vehicle. Maybe long enough until a good electric truck comes along. Find me an electric truck with 400+ mile range that can tow a small tractor or a 3 horse trailer and I’d be interested. I bet we will see that in 2024.
The CEO of ford was on the news a couple of weeks ago talking about their EVs. He said it will be a while before the Super Duty line can be electric. The technology is not good enough yet to support the duty cycle required for a work truck.

I have a 2019 Denali HD. It’s worth as much today as I paid for it in the fall of 2019. Would like to have a new AT4 however at 73k I’ll pass. No rebates on GMC at all now.

In regards to tire pricing, a new set of Toyo AT3 35x12.50r20s will run you around $2200. Ask me how i know.

All of it is ridiculous pricing.

2007 was a good vintage for a Tundra.

As for pricing, I have thought vehicles have been overpriced since 2015 if not earlier, but I am a cheap bastard. I had the same truck for 13 years that I paid $1800 for in 2009. I only upgraded because it finally had gotten to be a bigger pain than it was worth.

As for pricing, I have thought vehicles have been overpriced since 2015 if not earlier, but I am a cheap bastard. I had the same truck for 13 years that I paid $1800 for in 2009. I only upgraded because it finally had gotten to be a bigger pain than it was worth.

Wow, one million miles, now that is impressive. I had a manual 5 Speed 1988 Toyota Four Runner with the old camper shell and got rid of it when she turned 20 years old and had over 285K miles. I'm sure she is running around somewhere in Central or South America. :ROFLMAO: I would love to own a Toyota Land Cruiser.

I'm in the market for a 2 door Ford bronco at the moment. I specced one how I liked, roughly 45k and went to talk to the local dealer about an order. They suggested that their dealer mark up would be about 30k and that they might get the car delivered 'sometime in 2023'. I laughed in their face and left. Unfortunately, that does seem to be about the going rate right now so I have no 4x4. Guess I'll just have to be careful in the snow this winter.

I have a pristine 2007, and there have been 2 million milers of the 4.7 v8--both long haul hot shot delivery trucks. Fair enough, but I have had the ubiquitous trouble with secondary air pumps (expensive) a mystery coolant loss, a/c, brakes, etc. and can only get 13.5 mpg hwy no matter what I do to improve it.

a diesel Jag--please elucidate!

A friend ordered an F350 dually. Waited 2 years, $93k. The dealer told him they would give him $140k if he wouldn’t pick it up. He turned it down. Needed for work.

My girlfriend’s dad has a diesel 2500. Paid $61k. Drives a ton. 9 months later with 66k miles on it, the dealer offered him $63k. Again, needed for work.

I had a 2020 F250. Drove it for 14 months and got $3k less than I paid. Had I gotten a diesel I would have made money.
I bought a new 2021 GMC Canon SL 4 WD for $33K. After putting 25K miles on it the same dealer offered me $36K for it but love the truck and it fits in my garage. One warning. I previously had a Ford King Ranch F-150 with the eco boost engine. Beware…a piece of crap. I had to put $7K into the engine for repair before I sold it. I will never again have that type of engines. I love the new Ford Bronco and was going to buy a new one until I saw all of them have the eco boost engine. Not happening!

The key every single one of them go down by 70% in battery charge when they tow anything. Until they fix that would never buy one

I bought a new 2021 GMC Canon SL 4 WD for $33K. After putting 25K miles on it the same dealer offered me $36K for it but love the truck and it fits in my garage. One warning. I previously had a Ford King Ranch F-150 with the eco boost engine. Beware…a piece of crap. I had to put $7K into the engine for repair before I sold it. I will never again have that type of engines. I love the new Ford Bronco and was going to buy a new one until I saw all of them have the eco boost engine. Not happening!

My gf had an F-150 Limited with the EcoBoost. Beautiful truck but I agree. The engine and engine installation have design problems.

I'll be driving my 2004 Dodge 3500, 4 door, single rear wheels, long-bed, 6-speed manual, until the wheels fall off.

My buddy just gave over $90K for a new RAM - auto with super-short bed, everything controlled by a touch-screen TV. It's nice, but I have no need to make a payment larger than my house payment for a pick-up truck.

I can hunt lion, leopard, and elephant for that!

I'll be driving my 2004 Dodge 3500, 4 door, single rear wheels, long-bed, 6-speed manual, until the wheels fall off.

My buddy just gave over $90K for a new RAM - auto with super-short bed, everything controlled by a touch-screen TV. It's nice, but I have no need to make a payment larger than my house payment for a pick-up truck.

I can hunt lion, leopard, and elephant for that!
$90K? Wow!

The key every single one of them go down by 70% in battery charge when they tow anything. Until they fix that would never buy one
+ the $25K to replace the battery pack when the 10 year warranty expires. Who can afford that?

I'm in the market for a 2 door Ford bronco at the moment. I specced one how I liked, roughly 45k and went to talk to the local dealer about an order. They suggested that their dealer mark up would be about 30k and that they might get the car delivered 'sometime in 2023'. I laughed in their face and left. Unfortunately, that does seem to be about the going rate right now so I have no 4x4. Guess I'll just have to be careful in the snow this winter.
Chains!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariWalsta

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross