New unloader

Edster

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Well new to me. Found an early model Ruger#1 chambered in 375 H&H. Just got done loading up some ammo, and mounted the scope. Be off to the range in the morning
IMG_6963.JPG
IMG_6964.JPG
IMG_6965.JPG

Pretty rifle! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

How did the disassembly of that ammunition go?

Disassembly was OUTSTANDING!!!!!! I loaded up 8 235gr Speers and 9 300gr hornady RN interlocs. All I can say is I wish I had more ammo with me. Got it rough dialed in now to work up some loads. I am amazed how tame the recoil on this rifle is.

Somebody is having fun,

Just got done wippin up 50 rounds. If I get the hunny do list done I’m headed to the range!!!!
View attachment 379220
Those are rookie numbers. You're going to have to do better. It's pretty amazing how much ammunition you can chew up with a single shot rifle isn't it? This is why I refer to the gun as belt fed.

Those are rookie numbers. You're going to have to do better. It's pretty amazing how much ammunition you can chew up with a single shot rifle isn't it? This is why I refer to the gun as belt fed.

LOL- Oh don’t worry numbers will
Improve!! I only currently have 68 pieces of brass. Ordered another 100 last night and stocked up on RL15 as well. Have a couple hundred projectiles on hand and more in way. Only stumbling block might be primers. Only have 600 Large rifle magnums on hand. Gonna have to do some horse trading to get some more

IMG_6984.JPG

You realize that the aftermarket recoil pad has a a lot to do with your love affair for that rifle right? When you fall out of love go for a Pacmayr or kick ezz pad 1"+ and rediscover your enjoyment.

You realize that the aftermarket recoil pad has a a lot to do with your love affair for that rifle right? When you fall out of love go for a Pacmayr or kick ezz pad 1"+ and rediscover your enjoyment.

Actually thinking about new recoil pad already. Not because of kick but length of pull. Find myself creeping up to scope, think I need to have stock shortened a bit. I’ll shoot it a bit more before I decide what I want to do with it.

Actually thinking about new recoil pad already. Not because of kick but length of pull. Find myself creeping up to scope, think I need to have stock shortened a bit. I’ll shoot it a bit more before I decide what I want to do with it.
It goes without saying that you should be careful what you wish for when getting closer to the scope. I don't consider the .375 all that rowdy until you start gassing up the 300's and reaching for the power, but I wouldn't want a surprise.

Decided to upgrade the recoil pad. Actually decided to upgrade the original pad on my Marlin 444, and ordered one for the Ruger as well. Hoping for some decent weather so I can get to the range.

I’ve always heard and read stories about people’s names under the recoil pad and sometime things being left in the stock. Well the Ruger has what I imagine is a previous owners name written and stamped into the stock. Nothing in the stock, but the unusual thing is he put his SS # along with his name. Due to his unusual name I found out that he died in 2012.

You got yourself a nice rifle there sir!

You know when you are really into it and quit buying powder in 1 lb bottles and start buying 5 or 8 lb jugs

Maybe he means "Oneloader"? It is a single shot.

You know when you are really into it and quit buying powder in 1 lb bottles and start buying 5 or 8 lb jugs

If it could be found in 8 pounders right now I would be buying it that way. Had to travel 2 1/2 hours one way yesterday to get primers. I really hate election years !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!