Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
I have just completed my new trophy room. It used to be the shop, so part of the package was creating a new shop before I could build on the trophy room. But that's another story...
This is a multi function space where one can read, listen to music, reload, write, lift a few weights and do small projects. I have done all the work, including building the reloading bench out of a few old timbers I re-milled. I've included various artifacts, art and mementos from my past. The water colours were done by my brother Jene.
I've dedicated a corner to my life in the north. I used to trap and have displayed some old traps and furs. The furs were harvested by me locally, with the exception of the martins. The saddle belonged to a brother who tragically died young. He used to team rope. The Stetson was Dad's.

IMG_1622.JPG
IMG_1627.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG
IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1633.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind,.... a trophy room never is completed!!!

:cool:

HWL

Awesome, looks great! Thanks for sharing with us!

I have just completed my new trophy room. It used to be the shop, so part of the package was creating a new shop before I could build on the trophy room. But that's another story...
This is a multi function space where one can read, listen to music, reload, write, lift a few weights and do small projects. I have done all the work, including building the reloading bench out of a few old timbers I re-milled. I've included various artifacts, art and mementos from my past. The water colours were done by my brother Jene.
I've dedicated a corner to my life in the north. I used to trap and have displayed some old traps and furs. The furs were harvested by me locally, with the exception of the martins. The saddle belonged to a brother who tragically died young. He used to team rope. The Stetson was Dad's.

View attachment 398208View attachment 398210View attachment 398211View attachment 398214View attachment 398215View attachment 398217View attachment 398218
Awesome! Well done! Thanks for sharing!

I should have included a photo of the reloading supplies. Obviously I need more room. Some stuff in the tool box but my next build is a cabinet that will fill the space on the left.
IMG_1634.JPG

Very nice!

That re-purposed space has MAN CAVE written all over it. Well done and Congrats!

So, not more than an hour after I post this, I get a call from the tanners, that last springs bear hide is ready... I didn't bother with a head mount. If it was over 6' then I would consider it, and if over 6.5' squared it would be a no brainer. This bear was around 5.5' squared when green. Nice and thick though.
IMG_1635.JPG

Very nice. And your bench looks great! nice job.

That re-purposed space has MAN CAVE written all over it. Well done and Congrats!
Yeah my wife really encouraged this. But she may have been tired of our bedroom packed with trophies....

Yeah my wife really encouraged this. But she may have been tired of our bedroom packed with trophies....
Wow...she let you have those trophies hung in your bedroom? She must really love you Rick!!

Congrats!! Your man cave looks good.

Regards,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.