New trend- Pay all upfront for a discount

Best of luck to you. I was just helping a hunter that is booked with you for 2021 in another hunting forum. I know he is excited to be coming !
Buck Wild thank you so much for assisting a client of ours! That is why this forum is absolute magic! You can bet your bottom dollar we will remain a dedicated part of it.

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

Would most trip insurance bought now not have a clause that would exclude cancellation for any Coronavirus reason?

You can get CANCEL FOR ANY REASON insurance. It will cover 75% of the cost that you have already paid. I have done so for my 2021 trip and verified with the insurance company before hand that it would cover the pandemic related issues. For the cost that I have already paid, taking a 25% hit isn't that bad, all things considered.

Unfortunately it seems politicians are too vested in the stay at home forever idea to stop destroying our economy and admit there are better ways to go about this Coronavirus situation.

I heard yesterday where the 'smart people' where advising to keep the "stay at home" protocol in place until the Fall. Are you freakin' serious? The 'smart people' that keep saying this on television are all millionaires and have no worries about their next paycheck, their next meal, their next car payment, etc. It's sad to say, but the world has to start moving again, and yes, people will die, but staying at home until they get the entire planet vaccinated is not an option.

... I know most of our sponsors on here will make it through the season but obviously not all outfits with be in the position to stay in business. Anyone else with similar thoughts ?

I think it depends on the outfitter, so people need to do their research. Being a sponsor here does not mean a fully legitimate outfitter either, heck I know of one sponsor here that has a reputation for not returning trophy fees for game not shot.

Caveat emptor.

That being said, I just wired the remaining 60% of daily rates to Buzz Charlton of www.cmsafaris.com for my buffalo/leopard hunt in August. So, I am fully paid except for the trophy fees which I will wire if and when flights start going to Zimbabwe. Our contract calls for a refund if hunt does not happen, but I will just defer it to next year, if so I might even add an elephant.

I think it depends on the outfitter, so people need to do their research. Being a sponsor here does not mean a fully legitimate outfitter either, heck I know of one sponsor here that has a reputation for not returning trophy fees for game not shot.

Caveat emptor.

That being said, I just wired the remaining 60% of daily rates to Buzz Charlton of www.cmsafaris.com for my buffalo/leopard hunt in August. So, I am fully paid except for the trophy fees which I will wire if and when flights start going to Zimbabwe. Our contract calls for a refund if hunt does not happen, but I will just defer it to next year, if so I might even add an elephant.
I’m glad to see this. I’ll be hunting with them in September 2021. I gave $500 towards their anti-poaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.