Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
My friend Lance Hendershot was able to get me a few of the promotional photos of the new Rigby Highland Stalker. First ones should be arriving in the US before the end of April. It is a very close copy of the rifle Corbett was given for killing man-eating tigress of Champawat. The stock is identical except for a bit less drop to accommodate the use of a scope. Corbett's was a .275 and this rifle will be offered in that caliber, .30-06, .308, 8x57, and 9.3x62. My order is in for the .275. The 9.3 would be a wonderful light DG rifle. Anyway, this pictures show the rifle with a few of the bells and whistles.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Somehow that muzzle cover seems to be slightly more classy than electric tape. :)

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Somehow that muzzle cover seems to be slightly more classy than electric tape. :)

Or a condom!

@Red Leg that is a classy looking rifle. Do the big question: will you buy a 7x57 or a .275 Rigby? If it were me I'd demand they stamp both on the barrel so you can use either ammo in Africa and can overcome brass headstamp issues.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Nice looking rifle, congrats !

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Red Leg how much will one of these set you back?

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Or a condom!

@Red Leg that is a classy looking rifle. Do the big question: will you buy a 7x57 or a .275 Rigby? If it were me I'd demand they stamp both on the barrel so you can use either ammo in Africa and can overcome brass headstamp issues.
Not offered in 7x57 markings. Hornady I believe is loading .275 labeled brass and Hendershots will load it for me. I use them a lot and he'll work up a couple of loads for this rifle before sending it to me.

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Red Leg how much will one of these set you back?
Still awaiting the final number. With basic stock will come in a bit under 10k.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
It sure looks nice in the picture! I hope you enjoy it and get to use it in the field.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Still awaiting the final number. With basic stock will come in a bit under 10k.

@Red Leg why is it so much? There double square bridge has a prechtl action that costs about $4500. The light calibers use a round ring receiver that is around $500. Shouldn't there be a fair delta between the large bore and smal bore? Or does it come with a lot of bells and whistles like quarter rib, QD mounts, Color hardening, etc?

It looks gorgeous, just curious if how it's configured.

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
@Red Leg why is it so much? There double square bridge has a prechtl action that costs about $4500. The light calibers use a round ring receiver that is around $500. Shouldn't there be a fair delta between the large bore and smal bore? Or does it come with a lot of bells and whistles like quarter rib, QD mounts, Color hardening, etc?

It looks gorgeous, just curious if how it's configured.
Because they have carefully determined the maximum value of the brand. I would say it is a 3500 dollar rifle with an additional 3500 cachet. But it is a Rigby.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
No slight was intended, it's a great looking rifle. I was just curious why priced at parity to the magnums since their actions are so bloody expensive?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Make you cry to shoot it off though.

It would.
At least if you are using open sights you should catch on. If not, then you have other serious problems.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, Texas Trophy Hunters, Trout Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA & RSA
Sweet rig!

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Nice! It will be a great addition to the collection.

Btw, you can get some pretty coloured electrical tape nowadays.:)

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Because they have carefully determined the maximum value of the brand. I would say it is a 3500 dollar rifle with an additional 3500 cachet. But it is a Rigby.

@Red Leg I have to apologize for the way my post came out. I celebrate your gun. I didn't mean to sound like I was putting it down in any way. I was just curious as to differences. I had to look it up. It's exactly the same components as a dangerous game Rigby minus the magnum square bridge. It's 1600 GBP less which I would say is roughly the price difference of the two actions. So in short, there is no "angle" of them charging more than they should, etc. it seems like it's offered at an equal markup on raw materials.

But the big question: where are you hunting with it and what will you hunt first? What happens to your 318WR now that you've found this new love?

Did you get to pick the wood and LOP and other features, or did you buy off the standard order sheet? ETA?

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
No drama and no offense taken. These rifles are built to a standard - not bespoke. Those coming to these shores will have a choice of grade 3 or 5 English walnut. Everything else is stock.

With respect to the .318's, a better question is what will I do with my other two 7x57's? :( Headed up to BC in May - should it make it in time, I might take it and some 175gr loads along for a black bear. If not, we do have deer in Texas.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
IMG_1359.JPG
BC in May? You're not going to put 175gr of 7mm into one of these?

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
Hunted
Sure - or at least maybe. The camp rifles are an '06 and a .270. Seem to kill a lot of bears every year. I used a 9.3 last year, and it was decidedly enough gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrancescoG

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...