New rifle

Any pics ?
This is apparently the only one I took before I sold it showing the finish and the checkered on the wrist.
20190528_213538.jpg

I'd recommend getting comfortable with the 375 until it's no big deal to shoot off 4 full power cartridges with good accuracy before stepping up. Lots of dry fire practice will help. Took me about a year of weekly live fire practice (with daily dry fire) to be 100% confident...but everyone is different.

I picked up a 416RM and was getting comfortable with it...then made the call to sell it. I couldn't justify having it for the number of times I expect to hunt DG. The lightweight (7.75# bare rifle) and easy shooting 375 made this an easy decision. I have no regrets for having purchased the 416, but in the end it wasn't really necessary for me.

EDIT - Me shooting the 416 at a friends house...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yVLehLH4UyWaQgrJ7

My current rig coming in at just over 10# ready to hunt...
View attachment 439920

Share a few pics of yours when you get it to the range.
I will take pics when I’m shooting it. I will keep practicing

Congratulations on the new addition. Great looking like a rifle.

Very nice ! Congrats!

Congrats on the new add!

Gateway bore for sure. I started with a 375 , got comfortable over a decade and a half or so, then came the 458 win, then the 458 Lott, then a 416 Rigby, then a 470 double, and a few more 375 mixed in along the way
The 375 is a beauty!
Would love a .416 next and then a .470 double

Beautiful rifle, congratulations. Look forward to seeing the first dead paper photos! Then, some blood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you