New Pelican Case from MyCaseBuilder

Ndczerwinski

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 15, 2024
Messages
78
Reaction score
196
Media
26
Hunting reports
Africa
1
I just wanted to share the custom case I had made by MyCaseBuilder. This is a Pelican 1700 that I bought from them along with custom foam.

It’s designed to hold my Chapuis Elan and a Blaser R8 Ultimate as well as my Gunwerks 6ix supressor. I was able to use their custom lid option to somewhat duplicate the look of the old Blaser Safari cases that they used to offer.

I used their iPhone app to capture all my pieces and their website to lay it out. I was terrified that something wasn’t going to fit right, but I got it yesterday and it is awesome. Some parts may be a little snug but not bad at all. Very high quality and it took less than 20 days from ordering to receiving.

I figured I would share my experience because I was somewhat nervous about ordering one because it is somewhat pricey, but I am very happy overall. This will simplify me traveling solo through the airport with two guns. The case loaded with the guns only weighs 38 pounds so it’s also well below the airline limit.



A83EDFBF-2243-427B-B263-072AE6A7B153.jpeg
89AB0EA6-8D7B-41D7-A051-4EE25130CABA.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Wow, that's a great looking case, rifles should stay nice and protected!
 
This is awesome! I may have to do one myself just for fun. Thanks for relating how well it went for you. How did you get the Blaser logo on there? Did you just send a pic?
How much was this setup?
 
I found a pic of one of the old Blaser cases on Google then asked Chat GPT to remove the background and keep the logo. MyCaseBuilder allows you to upload an image then scale and position it.

It’s only like $200 or so if you only want custom foam for the bottom. for mine which was the case and full custom foam it was $530 out the door.

I figured after my trip in June I will just get new foam for the next trip if I want to bring a different configuration.
 
I found a pic of one of the old Blaser cases on Google then asked Chat GPT to remove the background and keep the logo. MyCaseBuilder allows you to upload an image then scale and position it.

It’s only like $200 or so if you only want custom foam for the bottom. for mine which was the case and full custom foam it was $530 out the door.

I figured after my trip in June I will just get new foam for the next trip if I want to bring a different configuration.
Tell us how the iPhone app works. Do you just lay out your rifles as they would fit in the case and film them with the app? I am just wondering how the steps in the process went. Is it as easy as it sounds? Can you DM me the Blaser logo? Might want to play with this!
 
IMG_1486.jpeg


The app works great, I used it for a set of Buckeye Blackhawk Convertibles
 
Tell us how the iPhone app works. Do you just lay out your rifles as they would fit in the case and film them with the app? I am just wondering how the steps in the process went. Is it as easy as it sounds? Can you DM me the Blaser logo? Might want to play with this!
Yeah it works great you just take photos and input measurements. It crops the background out and you then upload items to the website to complete the layout.

Super easy works great.
 
Yeah it works great you just take photos and input measurements. It crops the background out and you then upload items to the website to complete the layout.

Super easy works great.
So I guess it would be the length and some width measurements of each item? May give it a try.
 
So I guess it would be the length and some width measurements of each item? May give it a try.
You provide the longest dimension (length) and it scales the size of image for the overall object shape to that. Then you provide depth of the cut that you want the foam cutout for each item as well.
 
@Ndczerwinski - Like your setup.

Optics going in your carry-on?
 
I hope not
I’ve heard arguments for it both ways.

We keep the scopes in the rifle case, but take our binos in the carry-on. I’ve heard of issues with some officials deeming a rifle scope as a “weapon” or “sniper equipment”. It’s never happened to me, but I’m not looking for it either.
 
I’ve heard arguments for it both ways.

We keep the scopes in the rifle case, but take our binos in the carry-on. I’ve heard of issues with some officials deeming a rifle scope as a “weapon” or “sniper equipment”. It’s never happened to me, but I’m not looking for it either.
I have never heard of this being an issue, so I was planning on putting it in my carry on. I could just as easily throw the scopes in my check bag which is also a Pelican container. I was just trying to get everything down to one rifle case, one check bag, and one carry on since I am traveling solo.
 
I have never heard of this being an issue, so I was planning on putting it in my carry on. I could just as easily throw the scopes in my check bag which is also a Pelican container. I was just trying to get everything down to one rifle case, one check bag, and one carry on since I am traveling solo.
It makes sense and we prefer to travel light as well.

Given the choice of checked luggage and carry-on, I’d prefer the carry-on option. Your checked bag will only have TSA locks and that’s if you choose to use them. Although locks are only there to keep honest people honest.

I may be in the same boat as you for our next safari with me trying to shoehorn two complete (QD scoped) R8’s into a 1700. I’ll try to get the scopes to fit, but I’m not sure it will be possible using custom foam. Might be using soft sleeves inside the Pelican to fit everything.
 
I may be in the same boat as you for our next safari with me trying to shoehorn two complete (QD scoped) R8’s into a 1700. I’ll try to get the scopes to fit, but I’m not sure it will be possible using custom foam. Might be using soft sleeves inside the Pelican to fit everything.
BeeMaa,

Here are 2 Pelican 1700 cases both with one Blaser R8 stock and 2 scoped barrels. 2 full Blaser R8 is likely to require carrying scopes seperately.

Below is a Double rifle and 1 Blaser R8 on the left, there was no room left for scopes in a Pelican 1700 case.

Pelican 1700 Cases.jpg


Gun Case Photo Australia.jpg
 
BeeMaa,

Here are 2 Pelican 1700 cases both with one Blaser R8 stock and 2 scoped barrels. 2 full Blaser R8 is likely to require carrying scopes seperately.

Below is a Double rifle and 1 Blaser R8 on the left, there was no room left for scopes in a Pelican 1700 case.

View attachment 765061

View attachment 765129
Looking good and I appreciate the ideas.

My issue is having two complete R8’s (his & her’s) without having to buy another 1700 case. Not sure my bride will tolerate another piece of Pelican in the house. Plus, I can probably make it work if I put the scopes in our carry-on.
 
Looking good and I appreciate the ideas.

My issue is having two complete R8’s (his & her’s) without having to buy another 1700 case. Not sure my bride will tolerate another piece of Pelican in the house. Plus, I can probably make it work if I put the scopes in our carry-on.
I think you can get the 2 Blaser R8's in a Pelican 1700 but maybe only 1 scope left connected to a barrel leaving you the other scope to go in your carry on. I've laid them out to take 2 complete R8's and 2 scopes on barrels but the items are just too close to each other, I like a bit of foam between items.

It's a good problem to have as it means you are going hunting!
 
I’ve heard arguments for it both ways.

We keep the scopes in the rifle case, but take our binos in the carry-on. I’ve heard of issues with some officials deeming a rifle scope as a “weapon” or “sniper equipment”. It’s never happened to me, but I’m not looking for it either.
I don't want to recommend anything they may get someone sent to the back room for the blue glove treatment!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,242
Members
169,985
Latest member
AdelaideAr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top