Welcome Bob. Nice to have you here. It looks like we know who to reach out to if we have reloading questions! With experience comes knowledge.... And stories to share!!! :A Big Hello:
Cam moon.
Any reloading questions you have will help where I can.
I'm just a rifle loonie. Even modified the design of 2 different cartridges to create my own. A 25/303 Epps Newton improved. Launches a 100grain Barnes ttsx at 3,670fps and groups 0.09 inch @ 200yards.
Looking forward to hearing from you mate. The cartridge on the left 257 Roberts, right 257 weatherby 25/ 303 Epps Newton improved one the middle loaded with a 117 grain hornaday SST that loafs along at a sedate 3,350fps ha ha.
Cheers mate

the launch platform

20191226_110456.jpg
20191226_110658.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing your recipes. I have been using 59 gr. of IMR 4064 with the 225 Gr. Barnes TSX for a velocity of 2730 FPS. But sometimes the bolt was a little sticky. Accuracy is the same as what you are getting. My barrel is only 23.5 inches. Santa Clause brought me a Labradar unit, hopefully it will be easier to set up than my old Pact Chrony.

S
Thanks for sharing your recipes. I have been using 59 gr. of IMR 4064 with the 225 Gr. Barnes TSX for a velocity of 2730 FPS. But sometimes the bolt was a little sticky. Accuracy is the same as what you are getting. My barrel is only 23.5 inches. Santa Clause brought me a Labradar unit, hopefully it will be easier to set up than my old Pact Chrony.
Shootist43
My apologies the load I used for the 225 gn woodleigh was 64 grains of cfe223 not 61. 2,950 fps with a chrony chronograph, easy bolt lift with easy extraction round primers. Reloaded 1 case 6 times still has tight primer pocket.
Bullet on the righ
20191122_214031.jpg
t a 225grain woodleigh recovered from a burchells zebra shot side on after smashing both shoulders. Other one a 225 grain accubond after penetrating over five foot of kudu front to rear and was recovered in the rear ham.
20191122_214031.jpg

IMHO the 35 Whelen doesn't get near the respect and or press it deserves.

G’day Bob Nelsen 35Whelan,

I’ve somehow missed welcoming you, closer to when you joined (I miss a lot at my age, lol).
Anywhooo,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the world’s greatest forum.

I can see that you are a dreaded “rifle enthusiast” like many of us here.
If everyone, world wide was like us, “Facebook” and similar sites would never have gotten off the ground.
All of humanity instead would stay connected through the AH forum.

Glad you joined.
Cheers,
Paul.

G’day Bob Nelsen 35Whelan,

I’ve somehow missed welcoming you, closer to when you joined (I miss a lot at my age, lol).
Anywhooo,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the world’s greatest forum.

I can see that you are a dreaded “rifle enthusiast” like many of us here.
If everyone, world wide was like us, “Facebook” and similar sites would never have gotten off the ground.
All of humanity instead would stay connected through the AH forum.

Glad you joined.
Cheers,
Paul.
Paul
I'm hearing about the age thing, when I go shopping now days I don't even look at expiry dates on products, I just hope I live longer than that date.
I'm not a rifle enthusiast I'm a rifle loonie as I still enjoy playing with my Wildcats and love old rifles.
Cheers mate.
Bob

Welcome to AH Bob! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!