New member, Old hunter

Lifetime serious hunter, everything from tree rats and turkeys to Pronghorn and whitetail deer. Firearms include air rifles, rimfire rifles, shotguns and of course center fire rifles. I reload mostly .308, .223 and my girlfriend's.257 Roberts. I was a competitive shooter before spending 25 years on Active Duty in the U.S. Army. Now that I'm retired I work mostly for gun, boat and Safari money. ;)
 
One of the rifles I took on my hunt to SA was a Tikka 595 Sportsmaster in .308. Accurate as anything, but I'll be looking for a Savage ultralight hunter soon. This hunt I wanted a Gemsbok, Lechwe, and an Eland, but didn't see what I wanted. Those are at the top of my list for the next trip
 
Welcome, just be careful with the crew here. I started with a 375HH, then a 404 Jeffery conversion and then a 300HH. Now searching for what I want in a double. AH is a great place.
 
Welcome! Good to hear you had a good first safari and planning a second. Yes, as previously stated there are a bunch of enablers on this site - but don’t worry we all have your best (hunting) interests in mind…. How do you feel about a second job? Lots of great rifle options out there and I am sure we, collectively, can get you outfitted nicely.
 
Skydiver386, THANK YOU for your service. There are lots of ex "G.I. (s)" here. What sort of competitive shooting did you do?
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Skydiver386, THANK YOU for your service. There are lots of ex "G.I. (s)" here. What sort of competitive shooting did you do?
10 meter air rifle, Service Rifle, Metallic Silhouette, and 50ft small bore. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so optics are a good thing vs irons.
 
Welcome! Good to hear you had a good first safari and planning a second. Yes, as previously stated there are a bunch of enablers on this site - but don’t worry we all have your best (hunting) interests in mind…. How do you feel about a second job? Lots of great rifle options out there and I am sure we, collectively, can get you outfitted nicely.
Already talking to member Krish about a .416 or .450 Rigby.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,719
Members
168,990
Latest member
plummerlee
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top