New member from Wyoming

Wyfox

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I've lurked here for many years, figured I'd join so I can partake.
Live in Wyoming and have dreamed of Africa for over 20 years. Finally at a point in life where I'm starting to get serious about going. I appreciate all the information this forum provides!

welcome

Glad to have you as an official member of the forum. Where in Wyoming? I have hunted northwest corner of Wyoming for many years around the Hulett area..

Welcome to the posting side. You are one step closer!

:S Welcome: to AH!

Welcome! Go - you will love it.

Giday Wyfox and welcome to the A H forums

:S Welcome:

Welcome aboad! Was just drooling over a map of Wyoming this morning, glad to have you

Welcome to you! I love the great state of Wyoming!

Hello Wyfox,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare moment, take a look at the Khomas Safari web site.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome Wyfox, what rifle do you plan upon using in Africa?
Great question, I'm a big gun guy. I have plenty of rifles that would work perfect but I'd probably have one built for just Africa.

Buffalo are on the top of my list so I'll most likely build a 375 as I have a couple hundred brass and dies for after selling my last 375 a few years ago.

For general plains game my Mod 70 Classic 338 win mag or my main elk rifle, a custom 300 win mag by Altus Shooting Solutions. Either would work perfect for the task.
20220809_144220.jpg

Great question, I'm a big gun guy. I have plenty of rifles that would work perfect but I'd probably have one built for just Africa.

Buffalo are on the top of my list so I'll most likely build a 375 as I have a couple hundred brass and dies for after selling my last 375 a few years ago.

For general plains game my Mod 70 Classic 338 win mag or my main elk rifle, a custom 300 win mag by Altus Shooting Solutions. Either would work perfect for the task.
View attachment 522878
What about a double rifle? The new Chapuis Iphisi is 375H&H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiamahi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.