New member from NC

I have been hunting in VA and NC my entire life. Turkey hunt in the spring, and deer hunt in the fall. I have always thought about hunting Africa since I was a kid and my plans right now are to go in 2026. I feel life is too short to wait until retirement to start doing the hunts that we all think about as a kid. I came to this forum looking for a 9.3x62 but love all of the information that is here. Nice to be here, and look forward to talking to many of you!
Welcome to AH
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, I’m located in clemmons. Just outside Winston - Salem
I had to do some of my ride time in Paramedic school in Forsyth County. I also have a close friend that is the Chaplain of Rural Hall, King, Sauratown, and Old Richmond fire department.
 
@404Pruitt
I have a similar story to yours. Took my first safari in 2022. I had very high expectations from a lifetime of reading about Africa. The real Africa met all those lofty expectations and even exceeded a few. You're right...just do it.

PM if you have questions. Planning is where most things go wrong.
I appreciate it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welcome to AH
 
Hello 404Pruitt,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare moment, I invite you to take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Whether you book with us or one of the many other excellent safaris companies advertising here in AH, do bring your 9.3x62 over to whichever part of Africa you decide to hunt in.
That cartridge is an icon on the exotic continent and you will be happy with how it puts animals down quickly yet, does not ruin much meat for eating and skins for taxidermy.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello 404Pruitt,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you have a spare moment, I invite you to take a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Whether you book with us or one of the many other excellent safaris companies advertising here in AH, do bring your 9.3x62 over to whichever part of Africa you decide to hunt in.
That cartridge is an icon on the exotic continent and you will be happy with how it puts animals down quickly yet, does not ruin much meat for eating and skins for taxidermy.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
PM sent
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH, let us know what 9.3x62 you buy eventually!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,612
Members
169,772
Latest member
JanetteEme
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top