New guy here from Alaska

Welcome aboard!
 
What kind if work do you do there?
I work on the Alaska Marine Highway, as a navigation officer along the inside passage from Bellingham, Washington to Haines/Skagway with everything in between or west to Dutch Harbor with plenty of stops along the way.
 
My wife and I have talked about taking our cabover pickup camper on the AMH stopping for a day or a few at several places on the way. It just seems like a great way to travel. Now you've peaked my interest again.
Best
 
Welcome to AH Waldo, maybe you can convince your wife about hanging some European mounts ;)
 
My wife and I have talked about taking our cabover pickup camper on the AMH stopping for a day or a few at several places on the way. It just seems like a great way to travel. Now you've peaked my interest again.
Best

It is a unique way to see Alaska. If you have any questions on logistics or fishing, Feel free to ask. There are some real underrated spots away from the crowds out there. Cold Bay for example, if you have the time, has epic duck hunting and silver salmon fishing or for a quicker trip, Cordova or perhaps Yakutat.
 
Welcome to AH! Although we have more species like the knobbill and copperduck, the ones you mentioned will be the huntable species.
May I ask what the copper duck is? Could I get a picture or the proper name is? Looking at booking a hunt and tours with you for 2020 at the latest. Thank you for the info!
 
Waldo, welcome to AH, if you need any advice on wing shooting fire away. We do a lot of bird shooting in South Africa.
 
Welcome to AH Waldo! It is a great site, glad to have you here.
 
Welcome aboard Waldo2382. You will be spending many of those long winter nights on AH. Lots of knowledgeable friendly folks here. As previously stated there are lots of wing shooting opportunities in Africa.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,602
Members
170,070
Latest member
Edythe58M4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top