New fellow from BC, with dreams of Africa

Hope you’re all doing well and having a great season, wherever you may be!

Born and raised hunting fishing and trapping in a little town in BC, grandson to a grandad who made a couple trips to Africa, and always said I should go, when I grow up.

Following his tracks through life has led me to hobby of rifle stock making and dreams of hunting Africa. He made 2 trips to Africa in the 80’s, both times for Cape buffalo in Zimbabwe.

His second trip, he built himself (gunsmith / stock maker) a beautiful .458 Wm on a Mauser 98, but unfortunately the airline misplaced his rifle and he had to use his partners rifle that trip.

Iv dreamt a lot of years about taking that .458 and use it for what it was intended for, since he never did get a 3rd trip.

I look forward to poking around the site and learning more about such an adventure, thank you for having me!!

From a mountain goat addict in BC!

Ed.

View attachment 560082
View attachment 560084

After a lot of thought and folding, grandads right hand stock just doesn’t fit my southpaw grip to well. That rear site, like to try ripping my left thumb off.

Iv decided to re stock this .458 to fit me, Iv got a couple/few more years of saving to do for a Cape buffalo hunt, but I’ll be getting my (grandads) rifle ready in the meantime :)

IMG_4143.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg
IMG_4137.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamer44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?