New Face- Like to introduce myself and my story!

freshart

Reaction score
Website
www.originalsbyheather.com
Hello all-

My name is Heather and I am an artist and one of my specialties is African wildlife!! I was on a 4 week camping safari in Kenya in 1983 and saw all the different parts of Kenya- outside the parks, from a zoologist point of view- not a tourist. I was actually put in jail in Mombasa for having of ivory. I am writing the story now...it will be called "CAUGHT ON THE EQUATOR", on foot in Kenya. And I am illustrating it.

If anyone needs their trophies, stories, memories illustrated - I would be the one! I will try and post some of my art right now...

Please feel free to converse with me over this forum - I would like to get to know fellow Africa enthusiasts!

Attachments

• DSC02442.jpg
    DSC02442.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02441.jpg
    DSC02441.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC02444.JPG
    DSC02444.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Kilamanjaro.jpg
    Kilamanjaro.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Resting King.JPG
    Resting King.JPG
    297.6 KB · Views: 131
Heather, thank you for sharing some of your beautiful creations with us. I especially like the zebras! How lucky you are to have visited Kenya. It obviously made quite an impression on you. I hope to someday travel there myself. Maybe, after it re-opens to hunting :confused:.

....Heather .. welcome to our site!! Those are some very nice pictures with the Kudu & Cheetah being my favorite!!Hope to see more of your work & hear from you in the forums!!

Thanks, Thomas...
I am excited about my book, and I hope to expand my horizons with African wildlife paintings as I once did in the 80's.... I used to do a lot of commissions for safariers-
even Geoge Small who owns a 40,000 acre ranch in Kenya. Since I was arrested there I can't go back!! Boo, hoo..

Hi Heather,

Love the zebra and kudu paintings...very nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg