New Face- Like to introduce myself and my story!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by freshart, Aug 23, 2009.

1. freshart

freshart New Member

Hello all-

My name is Heather and I am an artist and one of my specialties is African wildlife!! I was on a 4 week camping safari in Kenya in 1983 and saw all the different parts of Kenya- outside the parks, from a zoologist point of view- not a tourist. I was actually put in jail in Mombasa for having of ivory. I am writing the story now...it will be called "CAUGHT ON THE EQUATOR", on foot in Kenya. And I am illustrating it.

If anyone needs their trophies, stories, memories illustrated - I would be the one! I will try and post some of my art right now...

Please feel free to converse with me over this forum - I would like to get to know fellow Africa enthusiasts!

Attached Files:

2. ThomasBeaham

ThomasBeaham AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Heather, thank you for sharing some of your beautiful creations with us. I especially like the zebras! How lucky you are to have visited Kenya. It obviously made quite an impression on you. I hope to someday travel there myself. Maybe, after it re-opens to hunting :confused:.

3. Calhoun

Calhoun AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI N.E. Wisconsin Chapter - WisNRA
    ....Heather .. welcome to our site!! Those are some very nice pictures with the Kudu & Cheetah being my favorite!!Hope to see more of your work & hear from you in the forums!!

4. freshart

freshart New Member

Thanks, Thomas...
    I am excited about my book, and I hope to expand my horizons with African wildlife paintings as I once did in the 80's.... I used to do a lot of commissions for safariers-
    even Geoge Small who owns a 40,000 acre ranch in Kenya. Since I was arrested there I can't go back!! Boo, hoo..

5. enysse

enysse AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Hi Heather,

Love the zebra and kudu paintings...very nice!